Deposit accounts must be set up in person at one of our corporate retail locations. When signing up for a deposit account at the time of activation, there are two deposit values available depending on the services you are activating:
- $50.00 Deposit - Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) or buy one outright
- $150.00 Deposit - Purchase a new device and finance up to $120.00 over 24 months with our MyTab program.
Deposit customers can activate a maximum of two postpaid lines on Shaw Mobile.
Deposit Waiting Periods
In order to qualify to receive your deposit refund, you will need to successfully pass through the waiting period by paying your invoices on time each month. The waiting period structure and payout timelines are as follows:
First Waiting Period
- If you pay on time each month during the first six-month period after activation, you will be refunded your deposit during the seventh (7) month.
- If you are late on any payment during the same period, an additional 6 months will be added.
Second Waiting Period
- If you pay on time each month during the next six-month period, you will be refunded your deposit during the thirteenth (13) month.
- If you are late on any payment during this period, you will continue to be assessed on a month-to-month basis and will be refunded your deposit value on the first month after an on-time payment.
How will I get my deposit back?
- Service credit to your account (the default option), or
- Refund cheque (mailed to the billing address listed on file within 30 calendar days).