Bill Going Up Halfway Through 2 Year Commitment???

andyjb
Grasshopper

Has anyone else had this issue? Last November I bought a house and contacted Shaw about a 24 month promotion they were running for $89.99/month for cable and internet - a pretty great deal! It showed that original cost of this package would be $170, but I got a promotion discount of -$80/month to bring it to $90. So I just got my first bill of year 2 of this deal, and to my surprise the bill is now $130/month?? Discount only showing $40 off this month for year 2 of the deal, and when I called customer service that was their response as well - apparently the discount is in two tiers, which was NOT mentioned in any of the marketing materials, as it simply said "24 months at $89.99, regular price $169.99 per month". They are investigating with a supervisor, but they keep telling me it is unlikely anything will change as that offer is no longer available. What the hell did I agree to then?? No one ever explained that to me, nowhere to be found in agreement, installer never said anything, what a crock.

Anyone else experience this horrific anti-consumer price gouge?

3 Replies

Do you have the copy of your service agreement? I have se...

rstra
Grand Master

Do you have the copy of your service agreement? I have seen some promos that were tiered, x dollars for the first 12 months then x dollars for the rest of the agreement. 

0 Kudos

-- horrific anti-consumer price gouge Logon to your My S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@andyjb --  horrific anti-consumer price gouge

Logon to your My Shaw account.

You may download each of the monthly invoices.

You should see something like:

Promotions

2-year ValuePlan Internet 300 Price Guarantee (expires 02-Jun-21) -3.00

Internet 2-year ValuePlan Agreement (expires 02-Jun-21)                  0.00

ValuePlan Internet Promotion (expires 02-Jun-21)                             -7.00

which shows the expiry-date of each discount. Correct?

0 Kudos

Yea I see that now - my issue is with how this was presen...

andyjb
Grasshopper

Yea I see that now - my issue is with how this was presented to me last year:

• Marketing made it look like 2 years at that fixed price ($89.99)
  • I called to book in installation/confirm this price and the woman told me that was the price for 2 years
  • Never received a copy of my agreement at the time, never presented anything that outlined that until after my first bill arrived
  • Didn't think to look at lower lines of the bill as I trusted the advertising and what the woman on the phones told me (silly me taking things on face value right?).

Not even mad about the price increase, just how it was never made clear to me until after the fact.

0 Kudos