Billing is ridiculous!

Powerh
Grasshopper

I am so frustrated with shaw. I have been a customer for at least 12 years now (and years before that). I constantly feel like my service is overpriced and, yes I understand that everything costs more in time, why can I go through the hassle of jumping to telus for what I have now and save myself $30 or more by becoming a new customer. What happened to brand loyalty? This just pushes customers to jump sbip from shaw! 

6 Replies

The only way to get promotional rates is to sign a 2 year...

rickatk
Master

@Powerh wrote:

I am so frustrated with shaw. I have been a customer for at least 12 years now (and years before that). I constantly feel like my service is overpriced and, yes I understand that everything costs more in time, why can I go through the hassle of jumping to telus for what I have now and save myself $30 or more by becoming a new customer. What happened to brand loyalty? This just pushes customers to jump sbip from shaw! 

The only way to get promotional rates is to sign a 2 year agreement. There are no loyalty benefits any longer. 

0 Kudos

Yes. I was told this. I was on a 2 year rate prior. It ju...

Powerh
Grasshopper

Yes. I was told this. I was on a 2 year rate prior. It just ended and now I am paying more, for the same poor service. 

0 Kudos

As  said, re-up on a new two year plan and you’ll likely...

Spatch
Grasshopper

As @rickatk said, re-up on a new two year plan and you’ll likely get the 30 bucks monthly savings you’d get by switching.  That’s about what I got when I re-upped last summer.  I politely “prodded” the rep who helped me at the time, and he also threw in a one time $100 bill credit.

If you find the service poor (you’d need to provide more details — tv? Internet? Phone?), then perhaps another provider is the way to go.  That said, what specifically are the problems you’re encountering?  Have you attempted to troubleshoot them with Shaw?  I find Shaw support through online chat to be very responsive and helpful.  Or post your problems here.  This is a peer to peer forum but there are some very knowledgeable folks hereabouts.

You could also potentially save money by moving your mobile service to Shaw Mobile, assuming you have an eligible Shaw internet plan to qualify for their mobile discounts and reside in the Shaw mobile coverage area.  I’ve switched four lines — two from Freedom and two from Rogers — and am saving well north of $1000 per year in cell phone bills.  Just throwing it out there.

I fully agree. I am on here now about to complain about t...

Darcyp
Grasshopper

I fully agree. I am on here now about to complain about the cost, and I did sign the 2 year bullcrap deal.  Checking with Telus, as my pricing does not include any cable tv at all. nor home phone, and still $120   a month.  

0 Kudos

-- a TELUS web-page lists: Sign up for Gigabit Internet w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Powerh -- a TELUS web-page lists:

Sign up for Gigabit Internet with unlimited home internet data on a 2 year term for $99/mo.

Regular price of $160/mo. and unlimited data $15/mo. applies thereafter. 

I presume that those are pre-tax prices.

So, after 2 years with TELUS, you would be wise to avoid a 75% price-increase, by not renewing with TELUS.

0 Kudos

This is ridiculous , I cancelled my previous plan and the...

Abrahamjr1975
Grasshopper

This is ridiculous , I cancelled my previous plan and the TV subscription . Then I was charged extra for NETFLIX that Im not been using and when I complain they dont have control but it was on their billing . How come You charge me but I am not using IT? I get charged for 5months and thank you for $25 credit! 

0 Kudos