Jump to solution

Contract cancellation within last month.

mistything
Grasshopper

Hello,  I have Shaw Internet only and my contract expires October 12.  I already paid for Sept-Oct ($86).  I understand I will a pay cancellation fee.  If I cancel on Sept 17 will I get a refund on the remaining days? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mistything -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group, where volunteer contributors try to help.

In your case, you should contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222) or www.shaw.ca/chat

to get an authoritative answer.

My guess is that you will get a "credit" to your Shaw account, not an actual cheque. I presume that you can ask for a cheque to be sent to you.

Note that you will pay a $15 fee (since you only have Internet, no Shaw TV, and no Shaw Phone) when you cancel.

Remember to return the Shaw-owned cable-modem, to avoid having a charge for "non-return" placed against your Shaw Account. The charge will be reversed once Shaw receives/processes the return of the hardware.

Due to COVID (nobody in any Shaw store-front wants to touch it) the return of the cable-modem must be done through any Canada Post outlet, but Shaw pays the shipping-cost.  🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mistything -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group, where volunteer contributors try to help.

In your case, you should contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222) or www.shaw.ca/chat

to get an authoritative answer.

My guess is that you will get a "credit" to your Shaw account, not an actual cheque. I presume that you can ask for a cheque to be sent to you.

Note that you will pay a $15 fee (since you only have Internet, no Shaw TV, and no Shaw Phone) when you cancel.

Remember to return the Shaw-owned cable-modem, to avoid having a charge for "non-return" placed against your Shaw Account. The charge will be reversed once Shaw receives/processes the return of the hardware.

Due to COVID (nobody in any Shaw store-front wants to touch it) the return of the cable-modem must be done through any Canada Post outlet, but Shaw pays the shipping-cost.  🙂