Equipment fee

Lorne63
Grasshopper

I have been charged $700 for unreturned equipment fee?

Canada post tracking #2010599070516326 confirms equipment was returned and received by Shaw on August 20, 2021.

Please adjust bill. I should be receiving a final invoice credit of $259.90. This includes the $140 cancellation fee. Thanks.

4 Replies

You will need to contact Shaw directly to get this sorted...

rstra
Grand Master

You will need to contact Shaw directly to get this sorted out. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. 

It sounds like you (wisely) held on to your Canada Post t...

Spatch
Grasshopper

@Lorne63 

It sounds like you (wisely) held on to your Canada Post tracking number.  Contact Shaw support (this is a user to user forum) and provide them with the tracking details to confirm the return of the equipment.  It’s possible the fee will be automatically reversed once “the system” recognizes the return (since it was just delivered yesterday).  This happened to me recently when I was tardy returning my wifi pods.  But once returned the fee was reversed without my needing to contact Shaw.  

In your case, given the large amount, I would personally contact them:

Phone:  18884722222

or

www.shaw.ca/chat

-- I have been charged $700 for unreturned equipment fee...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lorne63 -- I have been charged $700 for unreturned equipment fee

I helped a friend with the closing of their Shaw Account.

The day after we talked to a Shaw Agent, the "unreturned equipment fee" was visible, via the My Shaw Portal.

The equipment was boxed-up, and taken to a Canada Post outlet, for shipping.

About a week later, via the My Shaw Portal, we could see that fee was "reversed", without us needing to contact Shaw.

For my friend, the termination was as smooth as silk. Let's hope that you have a similar experience.

QED

0 Kudos

My experience was horrible. I mailed the equipment back p...

AmandaM91
Grasshopper

My experience was horrible. I mailed the equipment back per instructions and was told that the charges would appear and to ignore the bill until it gets reissued with the charges removed. It took 2+ months to get the correct amount billed to me, and then they sent my account to credit collection the same day. This meant that even if I paid my bill immediately, my credit rating would still have been affected as it takes them 60 days to process the payment and have it reversed. I had to pay with the credit collection immediately in order to avoid impacts on my credit rating. This was by far the worst experience I've had with a service provider and completely unique to Shaw (Bell was seamless, as was TekSavvy). I've escalated this as an issue, but seriously, be wary – if you cancel your contract they'll likely try to go after your credit rating. 

0 Kudos