I guess they have no empathy

mauhikan
Grasshopper

My mom passed away and I called because our bill is too high without her. I don't use the TV but do use the internet and home phone. Turns out I can't cancel the TV without paying 400 bucks for a cancelation fee and I also can't afford the high bill.

So I guess they just let people go into debt 🙄

I'm over 20+ years with them and all the help you get is pay more.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

you can cancel the phone and save money there and downgra...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

you can cancel the phone and save money there and downgrade to limited tv or remove channels you dont need..  im sorry for your loss and im an ex customer and shaw don't care.  i'm no longer with them 

0 Kudos

I need the phone for my blind father, and even with the d...

mauhikan
Grasshopper

I need the phone for my blind father, and even with the downgrades it's not a big amount. It's really depressing and a stress I really don't need right now. And shouldn't have right now.

0 Kudos

ok, sorry bout that, i wonde4r if telus will buy out your...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

ok, sorry bout that, i wonde4r if telus will buy out your shaw contract, telus has a great deals, just a suggestion.. telus have a home phone great deals on internet no tv.  call them and see if they can buy out your remainter of contract.  like i said sorry for your loss and your father.  have a good day.  

0 Kudos

-- Since you have both TV and Internet, the cancellation...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mauhikan -- Since you have both TV and Internet, the cancellation fee is $20/month, times the 20 months remaining on the current Two-Year Value Plan. Are you going to cancel both TV and Internet?

Are you paying for extra indivua channels and/or channel bundles? You can cancel those add-ons, at any time, without any penalty.

Are you paying over $60/month, plus taxes, for TV? If so, as @cpmrich36  stated, you may be able to "downgrade" to fewer channels, or down to $25/month for "skinny-TV". Maybe.

Do the math: cancelling only the TV may save you over $60/month, for the remaining 20 months --> $1200. So, paying $400 (or less) rather than $1200 seems to be a good idea.

I recommend that you again talk to Shaw, to see what you can do, and what "bundle-discounts" you may lose, or be reduced in value. For example, cancelling Shaw Phone may end their "Triple Pay" discount for TV/Internet/Phone, to be replaced by a smaller "Double Pay" discount.

In 2020, Telus twice offered me $200 in "Telus credit" for immediately switching everything to TELUS.

0 Kudos

-- I need the phone for my blind father Think about cance...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mauhikan -- I need the phone for my blind father

Think about canceling Shaw Home Phone, while keeping your Shaw Internet.

Then, you will be qualified to sign-up with Shaw Mobile at their $0/month plan. Add a cell-phone ($200 ?) for your father, and he will get unlimited calling (and text) within Canada included.

0 Kudos