Im having some financial problems at the moment

Taytay2
Grasshopper

3 Replies

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Taytay2 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat ) or 1-888-472-2222 and ask for some allowance.

If you are a "senior", maybe you can downgrade your Internet speed, and pay a few less dollars per month.

If you are in a low-income family household, the Government of Canada is cooperating with Shaw, to offer 25 Mbps Internet service for $25/month.

Note that Shaw offers "Limited TV" -- a smaller number of TV channels, priced at $25/month.

If you have a cell-phone, with Rogers/Telus/Bell/Koodo/Virgin, and you are paying on a month-to-month basis, consider switching your cell-phone service to Shaw Mobile -- www.shawmobile.ca  because they have a $0.00/month plan, with unlimited talk & text inside Canada, available to anyone who pays for Shaw Internet. You can keep your telephone-number.

I think that as long as you pay "something" each month, Shaw will not terminate your services.

0 Kudos

I have been laid off due to Covid-19 and need to lower my...

dckloster
Grasshopper

I have been laid off due to Covid-19 and need to lower my monthly costs (the extras) so I can afford the non negotiables (food, housing). I went into a value package with Shaw March 2020, 2 or 3 days before Covid impacted our every day lives. I have taken part in many value package with Shaw over the last 20+ years as a shaw customer, it makes financial sense. I called today to cancel my services just until I can get back to work but Shaw is going to penalize me and charge me a monthly cancellation fee for the 12 months left on the contract. Shame on Shaw for not having their customers backs on this. They explained they can provide a payment plan. Gee thanks. 

As the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Shaw Communications, the total compensation of Bradley Shaw at Shaw Communications is $11,986,900. There are no executives at Shaw Communications getting paid more.  https://ca.wallmine.com/nyse/sjr/officer/2034229/bradley-shaw 

The maximum a Canadian individual can get through EI is $525.00 per week. 

Shame on this company. 
0 Kudos

Make sure you cancel right on your bill date, you can get...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

Make sure you cancel right on your bill date, you can get two months of services back and  hopefully, it will eat most of the cancellation fee so it does get to high of a bill when you cancel.  

Hope it .helps.  

ps.  dont switch to them once everything goes back to normal.  

0 Kudos