Internet fees

KKoz
Grasshopper

I just got a call from Telus offering a huge discount for two years on home Internet. It is literally half of what I’m paying with Shaw. It is a Black Friday sale. It does not appear that Shaw is offering any discounts to their customers??

0 Kudos
5 Replies

-- Telus offering a huge discount for two years on home I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KKoz -- Telus offering a huge discount for two years on home Internet

A discount on their regular prices?

Just Internet, by itself, or a "bundle" including TV, land-line, and a small discount on Telus Mobility? Does the fine print say something about a larger discount in the first 3 or 6 or 12 months?

Shaw offers "unlimited talk and text Canada-wide" on Shaw Mobility, to its Shaw Internet subscribers, for $0.00/month.

Shaw's "month-to-month" prices are higher than their "two-year Value Plan".  That is a discount. Correct?

Shaw is likely also doing some Black Friday marketing, bu...

rstra
Grand Master

@KKoz Shaw is likely also doing some Black Friday marketing, but, like Telus, these deals would be for new customers only. 

0 Kudos

-- I don't see any change in the content on www.shaw.ca e...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KKoz -- I don't see any change in the content on www.shaw.ca except for the addition of the words "Black Friday".

I have not noticed any TV advertisements by Shaw related to "Black Friday".

Maybe, if a potential subscriber were to telephone Shaw, they might possibly get offered something.

0 Kudos

i am in the same situation. Except i went and put down a...

Kristineeeee
Grasshopper

i am in the same situation. Except i went and put down a large lump some and now have to play the waiting game until i can leave shaw and switch to "you know who." ive been with shaw for 3 yrs and im paying 100 just for landline and the cheapest package on internet. i miss having television. the kids miss it. im not a happy customer

0 Kudos

--  I miss having television Shaw offers "Limited TV" as...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kristineeeee --  I miss having television

Shaw offers "Limited TV" as their lowest-priced service.

Have you tried streaming -- CBC Gem, CTV.CA, GlobalTV.com  over your Internet connection?