Jump to solution

Mom in hospital. Bill overdue.

Craigster
Grasshopper

Hello.

My mom is in the hospital. Almost a month now. Not doing well. Her Shaw bill is overdue. I would like to pay it. But don't know how much it is. I live in a different city. My mom's Shaw Account [which I set up years ago] won't allow me to see her bill online BECAUSE it's overdue. What should I do?  

Thanks. Craig. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Paying Shaw invoices

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Craigster -- do you have a good guess about how much is owed?

Take her Shaw account number with you to your bank, and pay an estimate of what she would pay for two months. This shows "good faith" to Shaw that she is attending to her account, i.e., Shaw will not cut-off her services, nor would send the amount to a collection agency.  If you pay too much, it will show up as a "credit" against a future invoice. No harm, no foul.

I have a senior-age friend whose due-date for her invoices is the last day of each month, the same date that she gets her pension amount credited to her account. She was paying Shaw, in the bank-branch, on Shaw's due-date, but it takes any bank a "business-day" or two to transfer the payment into Shaw's computers. So, every month, her payment was slightly "overdue", and the "late-charges" kept piling-on.  Sigh.  After all that, Shaw did not cut her off, presumably she was paying, monthly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

Paying Shaw invoices

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Craigster -- do you have a good guess about how much is owed?

Take her Shaw account number with you to your bank, and pay an estimate of what she would pay for two months. This shows "good faith" to Shaw that she is attending to her account, i.e., Shaw will not cut-off her services, nor would send the amount to a collection agency.  If you pay too much, it will show up as a "credit" against a future invoice. No harm, no foul.

I have a senior-age friend whose due-date for her invoices is the last day of each month, the same date that she gets her pension amount credited to her account. She was paying Shaw, in the bank-branch, on Shaw's due-date, but it takes any bank a "business-day" or two to transfer the payment into Shaw's computers. So, every month, her payment was slightly "overdue", and the "late-charges" kept piling-on.  Sigh.  After all that, Shaw did not cut her off, presumably she was paying, monthly.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you.

Craigster
Grasshopper

Thank you. 

0 Kudos