My bill

Leathwood
Grasshopper

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with Shaw.   I have chatted with an agent at least four times about this.  And still I am being charged far too much.

I requested a suspension in service at the end of November.  I moved out of my home.  I then contacted Shaw and wanted to turn back on only my internet on April 1.  I was told I could request the whole service back on but would then have to request the cable be suspended again.  I did this on April 1.  I was told it was taken care of.  then I received a bill for over $400.  I twice after that chatted with agents and received a work summary on April 29 which appeared to finally have the correct amount -- $111 for just internet.

But when I went into my account today I am again hit with a bill of over $400.  This is ludicrous.

I will only pay the $111, as I went through everything I was asked to do 4 times and you still can not get it correct.  This is extremely poor service and I am likely going to change my service provider.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

You can only qualify for a tempory suspension once per ca...

rstra
Grand Master

@Leathwood 

You can only qualify for a tempory suspension once per calendar year and for a maximum of six months, also I don’t believe it is intended for customers that are moving to a new home. I hope you are able to get this sorted out. 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/billing-account-articles/how-to-suspend-your-shaw-services-temporarily/ta...

0 Kudos

Any resolution with reducing the fee or the bill as the w...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@Leathwood 

Any resolution with reducing the fee or the bill as the whole?

0 Kudos

I was assured by the agents I chatted with this would wor...

Leathwood
Grasshopper

I was assured by the agents I chatted with this would work out.  But it has not.  I have connected with agents through the chat function so many times and I do not understand why they can not get it correct.

I am not moving into a new home.  I simply am not living in my home and intend to move back in on July 1.  In the meantime a friend started to live there on April1.  I wanted to start up the internet for him, but no cable as he does not watch TV.  But it does not matter.  My cable has not been used since November.  I should not have to pay for it when I have continually gone back and forth with agents about this who keep telling me it is taken care of but my billing does not reflect that.

I can only assume the best way to deal with this is to search for another cable provider

0 Kudos

-- logon to the My Shaw Portal, and you can view, line by...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Leathwood -- logon to the My Shaw Portal, and you can view, line by line, every "transaction" (other than promotional discounts) for the last 24 months. A review of the dated transactions may reveal what Shaw is charging, and when you made payments.

0 Kudos