never again

Grasshopper

Hello Shaw..  Please explain to me why a collection agency is contacting me about an account that was cancelled, hardware returned and the full balance showing $0.00..

Is this standard practice to send all customers to collections the minute they cancel services with you?

This is why i will be cancelling my other accounts with Shaw.

The return was not easy to facilitate and no credit (for the returned hardware was received?)

0 Kudos
2 Replies

-- Hello Shaw.  First, this is a peer-to-peer discussion...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@4511 -- Hello Shaw. 

First, this is a peer-to-peer discussion (and "gripe") forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

Instead, contact Shaw www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222 to contact Shaw.

> Please explain to me why a collection agency is contacting me about an account that was cancelled ... and the full balance showing $0.00.

My guess is that Shaw transferred any amount owing to the collection agency, thus showing a "zero" on your Shaw Account.

> hardware returned

In person, at a Shaw retail store-front, or through Canada Post? If the latter, you should have received a tracking-number from Canada Post. Use that tracking-number on www.CanadaPost.ca to track the shipment. Give that tracking-number to Shaw, so that they can track the shipment.

> Is this standard practice to send all customers to collections the minute they cancel services with you?

I do not speak for Shaw, but I doubt that your claim of "the minute" is accurate.

Have you used the My Shaw Portal, to review all your Shaw invoices from 2019 & 2020 & 2021, to see every "transaction", such as a credit when they received the shipment?

Were you paying Shaw on a month-by-month basis, or did you have remaining months on their "two-year Value Plan", which would have triggered a cancellation fee for those remaining months?

> This is why I will be cancelling my other accounts with Shaw.

Fine, but remember that you may have signed a Value Plan contract, that specifies a cancellation fee.

> The return was not easy to facilitate and no credit (for the returned hardware was received?)

To repeat, check your monthly invoices via that My Shaw Portal.

0 Kudos

-- please see another thread on this discussion forum, wh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@4511 -- please see another thread on this discussion forum, where the same question was posted.

0 Kudos