No service but I still need pay???

Holydaisy
Grasshopper

We had a tech come to the house to have a look at our cable lines to the exterior pole and in the process he unnecessarily did a modem “swap” … I asked him to “swap” back and now we have had no service whatsoever (neither cable nor internet) since January 7 @10:30 am … it is now January 10 @ 8:30pm . Not one agent can give me any concrete answers except that the “back system” is experiencing an “outage” ?!??

0 Kudos
4 Replies

--  the “back-end system” is experiencing an “outage”  Yo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Holydaisy --  the “back-end system” is experiencing an “outage” 

You're not the only one to get that response. 

When I check Shaw's "Outages" page, I see:

Affected Area: National

Affected Services: Account Services, myshaw.ca & activations.shaw.ca websites, My Shaw app.

This includes our representative’s ability to access account and equipment information.

Reference Number: CHG0434266

Date: Jan 11, 2021

Start: 00:00 MT

End: 06:00 MT

Summary: Some customers may experience an interruption of the affected Shaw services between midnight and 6:00 am MT. This interruption is expected to last approximately six (6) hours. Services will be restored automatically when the maintenance is complete.

-------------

So, Shaw is, or was, having a problem managing any changes to the Shaw hardware in your home.

Compare it to a "snow day" -- schools are closed, even when they were scheduled to be open, with teachers/staff being present.

Spit happens.

0 Kudos

Finally after I contacted a tech that came to my house be...

Holydaisy
Grasshopper

Finally after I contacted a tech that came to my house before directly , him and another one of his team members had to completely deactivate and remove my account from Shaw‘s existence and reactivate me as a new customer. Then we were up and running. I’ve been out since last Friday and it took this long to figure it out. The tech-support on the phone was totally useless. Definitely get someone to your house if you can.

0 Kudos

Did they give you a best deal for 24 months as a new cust...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@Holydaisy 

Did they give you a best deal for 24 months as a new customer?  

0 Kudos

They gave me the same deal I had just renewed in December...

Holydaisy
Grasshopper

They gave me the same deal I had just renewed in December… they had to remove me from their system and re add me in order to make my mode work .

0 Kudos