Please explain something about a closed account.

dallenk
Grasshopper

Hello Shaw..  Please explain to me why a collection agency is contacting me about an account that was cancelled, hardware returned and the full balance showing $0.00..

Is this standard practice to send all customers to collections the minute they cancel services with you?

This is why i will be cancelling my other accounts with Shaw.

4 Replies

-- Hello Shaw Welcome to this user-to-user discussion (an...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dallenk -- Hello Shaw

Welcome to this user-to-user discussion (and "gripe") forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support. However, 3 contributors self-identify as employees of Shaw.

> Please explain to me why a collection agency is contacting me about an account that was cancelled, hardware returned and the full balance showing $0.00

My guess is that Shaw transferred the amount you owed to a collection agency, and thus they show ZERO for your Shaw account, while the collection agency has a non-zero amount attached to you.

> Is this standard practice to send all customers to collections the minute they cancel services with you?

Doubtful, but I am not authorized to speak for Shaw, about their policies.

How much does the collection agency claim that you owe to them ?

0 Kudos

I was charged for non returned box. I was told i can keep...

fooz
Grasshopper

I was charged for non returned box.

I was told i can keep the box

until I returned to Canada. I'm currently stuck outside the country due to Covid. Once I return I will call to reinstall.

0 Kudos

-- please see another thread on this discussion forum, wh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dallenk -- please see another thread on this discussion forum, where the same question was posted.

0 Kudos

-- I was charged for non returned box. I was told i can k...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@fooz -- I was charged for non returned box. I was told i can keep the box until I returned to Canada.

Did Shaw reverse the charge for the box?

If not, then you now own the box, and you are entitled to keep it forever. If you ever sign-up again with Shaw, tell them to add the serial-number of this box to your Shaw Account.  But, any new sign-up will include the rental (at a net monthly cost of zero) of their current-generation box.

The bad news is that if they rent a BlueCurve TV box to you, and the box you now own is NOT a BlueCurve TV box, you will have to pay extra to allow the two different boxes to be activated on your account. If the boxes are the same model, there is no additional fee for having two "same" boxes on your account, and deployed in different rooms in your home.

0 Kudos