Jump to solution

Shaw has my VISA card on account - I do not want this used for monthly payments

Benny60
Grasshopper

I gave my VISA card to Shaw when I signed up for a new account. 

I will make my monthly payments at the bank and do not want my credit card used.  Can someone confirm this will not happen?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

You will need to contact Shaw or login to my.shaw.ca and...

rstra
Grand Master

You will need to contact Shaw or login to my.shaw.ca and change your billing preferences there.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

You will need to contact Shaw or login to my.shaw.ca and...

rstra
Grand Master

You will need to contact Shaw or login to my.shaw.ca and change your billing preferences there.

Jump to solution

-- logon to the My Shaw portal, and you can "sabotage" yo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Benny60 -- logon to the My Shaw portal, and you can "sabotage" yourself, by changing your credit-card's expiry-date to the current month/year.

So, if Shaw tries to charge your credit-card, the attempt will fail. In my case, any "failed" attempt causes a text-message from BMO to my mobile phone, noting the failure.

Remember to pay at the bank 2 or 3 "business-days" before Shaw's due-date, to give your bank the time to notify Shaw about your payment, and for Shaw to receive the payment from your bank.

> can someone confirm ?

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw. So, nobody here can "confirm" anything about your account.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

cancel card and pay with pre auth from my bank

MPAIEMENT
Grasshopper

cancel card and pay with pre auth from my bank

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- please read the comment from  in this thread, for 2 me...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MPAIEMENT -- please read the comment from @rstra in this thread, for 2 methods of making the change.

Note that Shaw Mobile charges a monthly fee, if they do not have your credit-card number in their file for your mobile account.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It says inactive for automatic payments. So nothing shoul...

allery
Grasshopper

It says inactive for automatic payments. So nothing should be tried at all

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote: inactive for automatic payments. So nothing should...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@allery wrote: inactive for automatic payments. So nothing should be tried at all.

Correct. In your case, it does not matter that Shaw has your credit-card number -- they will never use it.

Are you afraid of Shaw's "back-end" servers being hacked, and then held for ransom?

What other companies "know" your credit-card number?

0 Kudos