Jump to solution

Shaw Mobile... Denied

Weston_
Grasshopper

I set up a autopayment on Shaw Home Internet, same day, set up autopayment for Shaw Mobile and it was denied for all my credit cards, master card and visa. The rep at the store said to try back in a few days. Still no luck, it seems something is configured wrong in my account on the backend.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi again  ok I understand now what you mean.  Must be a p...

g-idk
Master

Hi again @Weston_ ok I understand now what you mean.  Must be a problem with either the company who issued the cards or something went screwball at Shaw.  I haven't seen on here anyone else having this particular kind of denial pop up though, if it's on Shaw's end I'm sure there would be lots and lots of complaints by now.  Since this is only a peer to peer help forum and not a direct channel to Shaw Support all I can do is offer this suggestion I could be totally wrong.  Here's hoping it gets all worked out for you, so you can enjoy your new phones.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

Hi  sorry to hear of your denial.  I've heard of a couple...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Weston_ sorry to hear of your denial.  I've heard of a couple of people who were also denied by not passing there credit check, maybe this applies to your case.  For 2 of those people it turned out in the end that they got a copy of their credit file from Equafax and TransUnion and found that there were items on there that they were not aware of which affected their credit rating/score, so when Shaw Mobile ran the credit check they were denied.  By the way they are still trying to get the mess straightened out.  P.S. The Shaw internet autopayment does not trigger the same credit check as applying for Shaw Mobile.  Hope this helps.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. However, credit check passed, I'm a...

Weston_
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply. However, credit check passed, I'm approved for 3 phones, but my cards are being denied. I can't even setup autopay for my phone plan payments.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi again  ok I understand now what you mean.  Must be a p...

g-idk
Master

Hi again @Weston_ ok I understand now what you mean.  Must be a problem with either the company who issued the cards or something went screwball at Shaw.  I haven't seen on here anyone else having this particular kind of denial pop up though, if it's on Shaw's end I'm sure there would be lots and lots of complaints by now.  Since this is only a peer to peer help forum and not a direct channel to Shaw Support all I can do is offer this suggestion I could be totally wrong.  Here's hoping it gets all worked out for you, so you can enjoy your new phones.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That is actually quite helpful. Gives me an idea of what...

Weston_
Grasshopper

That is actually quite helpful. Gives me an idea of what to look for. Its either something with all of my cards, or the way Shaw has my account setup in particular. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Your Welcome  good luck.

g-idk
Master

Your Welcome @Weston_ good luck.

0 Kudos