Apply shaw mobile

sally6
Grasshopper

hi,

I tried to apply shaw mobile, however I was not qualified.  The Shaw representative said that my credit score is not good and that I could not get a phone line.  She advised me to contact Equifax, the company that Shaw uses for credit score checks.  On Monday, I got my credit score report from Equifax and it is in the excellent range (above 760).  I do not understand why I am not qualified when my credit score is excellent.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- I went a "kiosk-within-a-store" at WALMART. Those kios...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sally6 -- I went a "kiosk-within-a-store" at WALMART. Those kiosk employees are not Shaw employees, nor are they Walmart employees, but they are authorized by Shaw to sign-up for Shaw Mobile. I had no problem.

Do you carry a balance on your credit-card, or do you pay it in full by the due date?

If you pay Shaw Mobile for "data", those fees will be charged against your credit-card.

Same situation here... my credit score is north of 800 an...

Frustrated10
Grasshopper

Same situation here... my credit score is north of 800 and Shaw's system found a way to deny me for a new phone. The poor guy at the store could not explain to me the reason and advised me to talk to a rep online, which I did. Guess what? The other poor guy just regurgitated the same thing about my score, so I asked for a supervisor... gotta tell you this, I usually don't get upset with companies' reps, but this supervisor tried very hard to dismiss my claims and kept saying that I should wait 90 days to try again. So here is my take on this... I got home Tv and internet and got 2 SIM cards for my kids with voice and text only, so in theory "free", so I probably got ALL the "benefits" that Shaw can give me and they didn't want to add another financed a phone to my account, so their way of pushing me away is to say that my credit was not enough. Do you know what that's called in my book "misleading"... Shaw, a little advice, BE HONEST with clients and just offer you can really can, because you are creating a bunch of unsatisfied people who will probably look for a different provider. 

-- they didn't want to add another financed a phone to my...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Frustrated10 -- they didn't want to add another financed a phone to my account ...

Shaw Mobility supports older iPhones, e.g., 5S, SE first generation, and 6 and above.

So, look online (Craig's List or www.used.ca) to purchase a previously-owned iPhone 5S or SE or 6, then BYOD ("Bring Your Own Device") to Shaw, to get it activated.  Probably, spend $50 to $150 -- about 1/10 the price (taxes included) of a brand-new iPhone financed through Shaw.

Of course, it is "buyer beware". Before purchasing, get the IMEI of the iPhone, and use an online web-site (or contact an Apple Store) to ensure the iPhone is not "blacklisted", and check that the phone is not "locked" to a specific wireless-company.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help