Cannot upload personal greeting

Soso406
Grasshopper

Tried to upload an MP3 personal greeting via the online portal, file uploaded but the system did not keep the file after clicking Save. It reverted back to the default greeting. The file is only 356K in size. Any suggestion? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

-- one of my stereo MP3 files is about 6.5 K per second....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Soso406 -- one of my stereo MP3 files is about 6.5 K per second.

So, if your stereo file is 356K, that is about 54 seconds. If it were recorded as "mono", instead of "stereo", that would be about 108 seconds.

That seems to be quite long for a "personal greeting".  Is my mathematics correct?

Thanks   but it's only 22 seconds according to the player

Soso406
Grasshopper

Thanks @mdk  but it's only 22 seconds according to the player

Screenshot 2021-02-26 143250.png

0 Kudos

-- I do not know how large (kilobytes) a message can be,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Soso406 -- I do not know how large (kilobytes) a message can be, or the maximum length (seconds) that it can be. Sorry.

0 Kudos

I have a feeling it is not the size or length, might be a...

Soso406
Grasshopper

I have a feeling it is not the size or length, might be a technical issue. Will reach out to support. Thanks

0 Kudos

Chatted with someone but the rep didn't even know this fe...

Soso406
Grasshopper

Chatted with someone but the rep didn't even know this feature exists.

0 Kudos

& -- the rep didn't even know this feature exists Alas,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Soso406 & @shaw-tony -- the rep didn't even know this feature exists

Alas, there seem to be too many posts on this discussion forum similar to this, alleging incomplete training of the Shaw Agents, and/or inability for the Shaw Agent to contact a shift-supervisor, to "escalate" the customer's request to somebody who is able to respond.

P.S. Can you experiment with a different sound-clip -- shorter length, and/or in WAV format ?

0 Kudos

all I did was stated the fact, not try to allege anything...

Soso406
Grasshopper

@mdk all I did was stated the fact, not try to allege anything. I don't contact support unless I have exhausted my options. I have tried different types of files and different lengths, the shortest one was a 2 second WAV file. Does this feature work for you? Can you share what size and length is the file you've uploaded? Thanks

0 Kudos

Uploads for your personal greeting can be a maximum of 60...

shaw-valerie

@Soso406 Uploads for your personal greeting can be a maximum of 60 seconds in length or 3MB, and supported file types for this are either WAV or MP3. When you are attempting to upload a greeting are you encountering an error message at all, or receiving a confirmation that the file upload has completed? Does the same behaviour occur if you attempt the upload in a different internet browser? 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Valerie. It is a 22 second, 346K Mp3...

Soso406
Grasshopper

@shaw-valerie Thanks for the reply Valerie. It is a 22 second, 346K Mp3 file. I have tried using Edge, Chrome and Firefox but getting the same result. Here are the steps I took:

1. Go to my Shaw Account
  2. Select Phone service
  3. Select Voicemail / Edit
  4. Select Personal Greetings
  5. Select Upload your greeting
  6. Select Choose File
  7. Select my file, the file name showed up 
  8. Click Save
  9. A green bar with a check mark showed up saying "Success! Greeting is uploaded" but the file name is gone
  10. Did a test and the greeting did not change

Thanks

screen1.pngscreen2.pngscreen3.pngscreen4.png

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help