@soso The suspense is killing me!   Did you get this issu...

whomever
Grasshopper

@shaw-valerie @soso The suspense is killing me! 

@Soso66 Did you get this issue worked out? I'm being forced to use online voicemail, even though it's disabled, Shaw sends calls to it. I'd like to make a personal greeting too. Especially if one can detect phone number and use a special announcement.

Shaw call-backs are the only ones that refuse to call my landline, circumvents the NO VOICEMAIL option, and not notify me. I have to check now every day to see if Shaw has a answer to my woes.

0 Kudos

First off the Shaw system sucks and is broken! This worke...

Donan977
Grasshopper

First off the Shaw system sucks and is broken! This worked fine before and it showed a list of the uploaded greetings. Now it only uploads and you cannot set an active greeting.

The workaround... for me a least:

- Dial *98 on your shaw line and enter the PIN

- Go to the main menu and find the greeting section

- My new uploaded WAV/MP3 was available as an unapproved greeting

- Listen to it and then select 1 to activate

And to Shaw..... Fix your system because I'm sure there are a lot of frustrated people out there cursing you!

, No, haven't heard from Shaw and still not able to uploa...

Soso406
Grasshopper

@whomever , No, haven't heard from Shaw and still not able to upload any file

@Donan977 , your workaround doesn't work for me, the file never got uploaded

0 Kudos

@shaw-valerie @soso I'm easily confused by this unique 'f...

whomever
Grasshopper

@shaw-valerie @soso

I'm easily confused by this unique 'forum' GUI and so apologies if I answer the wrong people

With reference to the Shaw call-backs, after a lot of testing and through process of elimination, Shaw agreed it was Shaw's call-back number. After the issue was escalated to the top-level support 'team', Shaw stated in a email to me..."Unfortunately our 1-888-472-2222 phone number currently has a bad rating for spam calls. This means many outbound calls from our calling platforms are blocked by design. We have escalated this incident to the appropriate stakeholders to investigate and resolve."

A test by Shaw had a human, not the Bot, call my landline. It worked. I still don't know if the Bot can call-back because I have no reason to call Shaw today, and I would have to call when really busy enough to be offered the call-back option. 

But this time, it wasn't the Not Me. It was Shaw's toll number, a revised *A.I. algorithm, and disabled voicemail not acting disabled.

Previous to the call-back improvements (ahem), there was a occasion when the Bot tried to call, but my ringer was inadvertently off but I saw a 'message' had been left and I was permitted to tho hear hear the Bots message on my phone, and not run the gauntlet to get it from Shaw's hard drives.

More often than not, a algorithm will look great - on paper; but once released into the wilds is when customers become beta-testers. It's state-of-the-art technology. Means, nothing will be perfect, ever, no matter how much smarter-than-humans it is designed to be because it's made by humans!

Hope I helped,

~w~

*A.I. Artificial Idiot.

TALK TO US
We're here to help