Check tel line

Tomsemchuk
Grasshopper

Hey, my house phone keeps saying “check tel line”, and I don’t know how to get rid of it

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Unplug the wire that connects into your house phone, and...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Unplug the wire that connects into your house phone, and then re-plug it. It should "click" when fully inserted.

Unplug the wire that connects into the wall-outlet, and then re-plug it. It should "click" when fully inserted.

On your Shaw Phone device, unplug the wire that connects to it, and then re-plug it. It should "click" when fully inserted.

On your Shaw Phone device, disconnect the AC power, wait a few seconds, and re-connect the power. Wait a minute while it "reboots", and then check your house-phone.

Or, try a different wire between your house phone and your wall-outlet.

That didn't work

the_angells2003
Grasshopper

That didn't work

0 Kudos

Hi  , If you have tried all the options that  mentioned i...

g-idk
Master

Hi @the_angells2003 , If you have tried all the options that @mdk mentioned in the above post, then I would suggest that you get a hold of Shaw directly, either with a different phone, or the chat function below, or thru social media contact.  Hope you can get the matter straightened out.   

0 Kudos

Also, try plugging your phone directly in to the back of...

rstra
Grand Master

@the_angells2003 Also, try plugging your phone directly in to the back of the phone modem. When unplugging the power on the phone modem, you also need to pull the battery to get it to properly power cycle. 

-- that did not work Note that the Shaw Phone adapter h...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@the_angells2003 -- that did not work

Was your phone previously working, or did you just self-install Shaw Phone?

What are the lit-up lamps on the Shaw Phone box?

Note that the Shaw Phone adapter has both "TEL 1" and "TEL 2" sockets. Be sure to use "TEL 1".

If all else fails, take your mobile-phone to contact Shaw: 1-888-472-2222, to get them to trouble-shoot.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help