Jump to solution

Is Shaw Mobile available for Internet 300 Customers? Do you need Fibre+ in order to subscribe?

mahram
Grasshopper

I was wondering about Shaw Mobile. Do you need Fibre+ in order to subscribe? i read about the new service available to Fibre+ customers but what about those on past services like Internet 300?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- ...i assume that's 25gb use for everyone on the plan a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mahram -- ...i assume that's 25gb use for everyone on the plan and not by each person too. not worried about that but just wondering

Like "TV" and "Internet" and "Phone" services, the "Mobile" service is aggregated into my Shaw Account.

I have been notified that I will receive a bill for Shaw Mobile ($0.00/per month, and the $20+GST sign-up fee) that is separate from my other monthly Shaw bill.  In future months, the Shaw Mobile bill should be $0.00, unless I use "too much" data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jump to solution

-- I don't know if it is "policy" or not, but I had no pr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mahram -- I don't know if it is "policy" or not, but I had no problem signing-up with Shaw Mobile with my older Internet 300 plan, at the store-within-a-store cell-phone kiosk at the local Walmart. The staff received their training on July 30, and I signed-up on July 31. They even used a "test SIM" to confirm that an older iPhone was compatible. Good service! 🙂

P.S. Off-topic, but on yesterday, when I tried an online-chat with ROGERS, I was "number 36 in the queue" for a chat. About 15 minutes later, I was "number 32". That is not good service!  😞

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

thanks for letting me know!. i was just curious if you ha...

mahram
Grasshopper

thanks for letting me know!. i was just curious if you had to be a fibre+ customer since it says shaw mobile was available for fibre+ and it didn't mention anything about customers still on past services like internet 300 and 600. i'm not a fan of fibre+ since you have to move to blue curve..but i'm happy to hear that they offer shaw mobile to us too. i hope you've had good service with it so far!. haven't heard much reviews of it so i'm interested in hearing if it's good...🤡

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- haven't heard much reviews of it ... Given that it was...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mahram -- haven't heard much reviews of it ...

Given that it was officially announced last week (on July 30, 2020) it's likely that nobody has any "long-term" experience with it. 🙂

Also, most mobile-phone users are locked-in to a multi-month contract with their current provider; they may think about a "switch" after their term ends -- not switching "today".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

that makes sense. i figured there would be at least some...

mahram
Grasshopper

that makes sense. i figured there would be at least some reviews on it but i guess i'd have to wait. my contract with fido is up and my brother is on public mobile so luckily we can move anytime. just wanted to see how good shaw mobile really is before we make the plunge 😄

if you have any insight on it since you're using it now that would be great. like the whole 25gb of data thing...i assume that's 25gb use for everyone on the plan and not by each person too. not worried about that but just wondering

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw Mobile is basically Freedom, just search for reviews...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw Mobile is basically Freedom, just search for reviews on them.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

thanks for the advice! i'll definitely look into it

mahram
Grasshopper

thanks for the advice! i'll definitely look into it 😁

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- ...i assume that's 25gb use for everyone on the plan a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mahram -- ...i assume that's 25gb use for everyone on the plan and not by each person too. not worried about that but just wondering

Like "TV" and "Internet" and "Phone" services, the "Mobile" service is aggregated into my Shaw Account.

I have been notified that I will receive a bill for Shaw Mobile ($0.00/per month, and the $20+GST sign-up fee) that is separate from my other monthly Shaw bill.  In future months, the Shaw Mobile bill should be $0.00, unless I use "too much" data.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

i figured that's what it meant. but i do like that you ha...

mahram
Grasshopper

i figured that's what it meant. but i do like that you have a lot of data to use even if it's grouped. but if i have anymore questions i can ask the customer service rep. thanks for your insight! it sounds like it's good so far too 🤓

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help