Landline does not pick up inline calls

bucklin1
Grasshopper

Recently I have been having problems with my landline not recieving calls. When someone calls in they get a message asking to leave a message or to call back. The landline does not even register an incoming call. This does not happen all the time. The phone will work fine for a while and then not let calls in for one or two calls. Then it will work fine for a bit.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

- When someone calls in they get a message asking to leav...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bucklin1 - When someone calls in they get a message asking to leave a message or to call back. The landline does not even register an incoming call. This does not happen all the time. 

Do you have multiple handsets, and one of the handsets is "off-hook", making your land-line show as "busy", and diverting the incoming call directly to voice-mail ("please leave a message")?  Does your land-line show "your voice-mailbox is full, and cannot accept any new message" ?

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group. This group is not a path to Shaw Support. To contact Shaw Support, use either 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat 

0 Kudos

MDK, thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have multiple hand...

bucklin1
Grasshopper

MDK, thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have multiple handsets. I did check them all and as best I could tell they were all on the hood correctly. No to the full mailbox. Also this seems to be an intermittent fault. Maybe I should unplug and reset the phone modem. The handsets are fairly old and may be in need of replacement.

0 Kudos

Pull the plug and the battery to power cycle the phone te...

rstra
Grand Master

@bucklin1 

Pull the plug and the battery to power cycle the phone terminal. If that doesn’t help, bypass the house phone lines by plugging a phone directly in to the back of the terminal. Make sure all connections are tight. I all that fails, call Shaw. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help