Need help to retrieve my phone from SHAW

whomever
Grasshopper

Hello and thank you for your interest in helping. (you can skip to my question in RED below)

ISSUE:

For some reason, Shaw decided to add services and change my phone settings, the result is:

• Shaw disabled my landline phones personal voice mail, and switched in their own for a 'low monthly fee of $6.00 public messaging system. I did NOT request this extra service.
  • I discovered this swap when trying to check for messages and viewed a error message stating I would have to have my account activated by Shaw. I called Shaw to activate, but their  "35-45 minute" call-back that arrived 1.12 hours later later stated I was number 1 in the queue and then hung up, leaving a busy signal behind. 
  • I went online to view the messages. I'm no longer permitted to do this.
  • I am not permitted to change anything.
  • I am only permitted to pay the bill - what ever it may be as decided by Shaw.

This occurred after Shaw suggested I would save $10.00 per month if I "upgrade to Internet 300" that resulted in 40 Mbps under "Internet 300" verses 86 Mbps under Internet 75.

QUESTION: 

Is there a way to get my "VM" messages out and disable the Shaw VM centre from hijacking my phone messages? I need a phone (mine), and messages (mine). 

Thank you

~w~
Sidebar: Why does Shaw embrace and use american spelling verses using English spelling?

I will deal with the increased costs for services I did not request. One of those hijacked messages might be from the CCTS which I've been waiting for...

Post-amble stuff:

No one else has access to my account except Shaw and it's third parties that Shaw is not responsible for plus it's thousands of trusted employees, Google, Microsoft, at least 57 (and counting as I type) of Shaw's peeps and pervs poking around my History, email contents, checking where I've been, for how long, what I saw, typed and read, including when and where I went using what devices not to mention all my hardware including my junk. All trusted devices with people at them - for my benefit - of course.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

> Shaw disabled my landline phones personal voice mail, D...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Shaw disabled my landline phones personal voice mail,

Do you have your own "answering machine" in your home, or were you using Shaw's voice-mail system?

> and switched in their own for a 'low monthly fee of $6.00 public messaging system.

> I did NOT request this extra service.

> This occurred after Shaw suggested I would save $10.00 per month if I "upgrade to Internet 300"

> that resulted in 40 Mbps under "Internet 300" verses 86 Mbps under Internet 75.

Did you accept that change to your services?

Login to the MyShaw portal, and select "My Bills". Scroll-down to "Transactions". Change the "Start Date" to sometime in the past, e.g., "October 1, 2019", and choose "Export" (CSV or PDF or Excel), to see, in great detail, what items Shaw "removed" and what they "added" when you agreed to the "upgrade to Internet 300" level of services. What do you see about changes in names for their voice-mail services?

0 Kudos

In some cases there are promotional rates offered on phon...

shaw-valerie

@whomever In some cases there are promotional rates offered on phone service what would include voicemail, so I can't say for certain but if that was the case here, that service would need to be added in order to lower your overall rate. 

You should be able to login and access your voicemail messages by dialling *98 from your home phone (on your first log in, the default access PIN will be the last 6 digits of your Shaw account number). 

You can also change the number of rings before voicemail picks up, or disable the voicemail service, in MyShaw. Typically I'd recommend to just update the number of rings before the voicemail picks up to a number greater than your home answering machine, that way if there's ever a problem with your home machine you have a back up service. There's an option in MyShaw for email notifications of your voicemail as well, so that you can be sure you don't miss out on any messages. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help