Outage Information so unprofessional/call routing issues

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

Geezus. I was looking at the outage information and all the times lack PM and AM. You'd think would use 24 hour time. One of the possible outages that may have affected us shows resolved but the above info is missing. This coupled with the difficulty of reaching someone even with live chat is both frustrating and annoying. It's also ridiculous and unprofessional. It's like Shaw is a brand new service suffering from growing pains.

Long gone are the days of live voice 24/7 tech support. Anyway, now that my rant is over. My issue is we can't dial out using Shaw Home phone to some cell phones (ours). The "system" says both numbers are out of service when they're not. I got a ticket number but there's no follow-up and I can't get an update. 😡

0 Kudos
2 Replies

-- I was looking at the outage information, and all the t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Upfront6891 -- I was looking at the outage information, and all the times lack PM and AM. 

Really?

Here is an example:

Sept 29 - Southwest Vancouver | Internet, WiFi, Television and Phone Interruption

Affected Area: Southwest Vancouver

Affected Services: Internet, Business Internet, Phone, Business Phone, Digital TV, VOD, Gateway, BlueCurve TV, WiFi Access Points

Reference Number: CHG0283607

Date: Sept 29, 2020

Start: 01:00 MT

End: 07:00 MT

Summary: Some customers may experience an interruption of the affected Shaw services between 1:00 am and 7:00 am MT. This interruption is expected to last approximately six (6) hours. Services will be restored automatically when the maintenance is complete.

Labels : Lower Mainland

The "MT" is "Mountain [Standard/Daylight] Time", i.e., local to Shaw's head office in Calgary.

I see a leading-zero value, e.g., "01:00", which implies a 24-hour clock.

0 Kudos

-- we can't dial out using Shaw Home phone to some cell p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Upfront6891  -- we can't dial out using Shaw Home phone to some cell phones (ours). The "system" says both numbers are out of service when they're not.

What area-code (3 digits) and exchange-code (3 digits) are assigned to your Shaw Home Phone?

What area-code (3 digits) and exchange-code (3 digits) are assigned to your mobile phone?

Got any friends using Bell or Rogers or Telus for their mobile phones? Can they connect to your mobile phone?

This could be a "routing" issue. As new area-codes are added, and new exchanges are created, it's necessary for every telephone-company, including Shaw, to update their routing, to allow the call to complete.

> I got a ticket number, but there's no follow-up, and I can't get an update.

Contact Shaw via online chat, and give the ticket-number, and ask for an update.

Personally, I have never had a problem connecting via online chat. YMMV

TALK TO US
We're here to help