Phone message.

spark50
Grasshopper

Hi, for weeks now it’ll show I have voicemail. I get a few messages everyday, just empty. The message carries on for a minute or so. I check my call display and there is no number showing. It’s very strange. 

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Are you getting a stutter tone when you pick up?

rstra
Grand Master

Are you getting a stutter tone when you pick up?

Scammers are using Automated Dialing Devices to randomly...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Scammers are using Automated Dialing Devices to randomly call your number. What I have noticed is that some of those devices are placing TWO calls to my number, at the same time. The first call "rings" my handset, and the second call gives a "call-waiting" alert, but then goes to my Shaw voice-mail service when I do not "flash" to the second call. So, Shaw voice-mail takes a few seconds to play my "greeting" message, and then starts recording. By that time, the scammer's first recorded message, e.g., "blah, blah, blah, press 8 to get more information" has not been recorded. After a minute, when no sound is sent to the scammer, the automated dialer just terminates the call. The recorded message is one minute of "silence". My handset's "caller-ID" function does not display the ID/number of the second call. If they have called my mobile-phone, I see "one missed call" (the second call) if I have answered the first call.  Since I now have one Shaw voice-mail message, I hear the "stutter" sound when I start my next call.

TALK TO US
We're here to help