Shaw Home Phone connection

Phealey
Grasshopper

I have a newly built home.  The media panel is located in a closet where i have located a switch and a patch panel.  I will be locating the XB7 in my den which is the adjacent room.  I will backwire the ethernet feed from the XB7 to the switch.  I also have a shaw home phone system using the Arris TM502g modem which will be located in the den. I would prefer to use the tel jack on the XB7 connected to my cordless phone and eliminate the Digital Phone Terminal completely.  I understand that this is possible even though I may have to change my number.  If I cannot get this setup and I am forced to use the Arris modem can I send the phone signal from the phone modem in the media panel to my cordless phone in the den via one of the cat5e cables installed when I prewired the house?   

0 Kudos
2 Replies

It shouldn’t be a problem swapping your phone to the XB7...

rstra
Grand Master

It shouldn’t be a problem swapping your phone to the XB7 without changing your number, call Shaw to confirm. 

If you still have to use the Arris, you could locate the terminal in the media panel and send dial tone through the cat 5 cable. 

0 Kudos

-- can I send the phone signal from the phone modem in th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Phealey -- can I send the phone signal from the phone modem in the media panel to my cordless phone in the den

You state that the den is the room adjacent to the media panel closet.

If you put the Arris Digital Phone Terminal into that closet, can you also put your telephone's "base-unit" in that closet, because your cordless phone should have good signal-strength between it and its base-unit in the closet, in the next room.  This assumes that you have a telephone base-unit that has a (recharging) cradle for one cordless handset, and that you also have a secondary cordless handset (with its own recharging cradle) in your den that you have "synchronized" with the base-unit.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help