Jump to solution

Text to landline

newfiehelp
Grasshopper

I have been billed .20 for sending a text to a landline.  I texted a message landline but I thought it was a cell number.  I have mistakenly done this 3 times, and each time, I get the notice of the .20 AFTER I send the message, NOT BEFORE.

I would never want to send a text to landline. I have 1000 contacts on my cell, and although I can differentiate some as landline, there are others that I have no idea.

How can I block this feature.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

You would have contact your mobile provider.

rstra
Grand Master

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

rstra
Grand Master

Jump to solution

-- although I can differentiate some as landline ... Give...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@newfiehelp -- although I can differentiate some as landline ...

Given the current regulations about "portability" of telephone-numbers, e.g., what was a "land-line" number last week could be a "mobile" number this week, it is impossible to differentiate. 

One friend adopted her mother's telephone-number for her mobile phone, after the death of her mother, so that anybody who would occasionally telephone her mother would now connect to my friend's mobile phone.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

They make it as obscure and difficult to opt out as possi...

Cameron2
Grasshopper

They make it as obscure and difficult to opt out as possible; even the tech support person on the phone didn't know what I was talking about. I had to get angry and get her to get her supervisor. What you have to do is text STOP all in capitals to this number: 00040444 . Then things will stop.

This is insidious, misleading, and companies should NOT be allowed to do this. Cynical, opt-out marketing at it's WORST. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Cameron

TALK TO US
We're here to help