Time display on phone handsets is an hour behind.

rblt
Grasshopper

Time displayed on cordless handsets is an hour behind, showing PST while we are currently PDT.
On Telus network, the handsets pick up their time from the network on first phone call activity after a time change ( daylight savings time on/off ).

Is it possible that Shaw has not adjusted their home phone network in BC ( Surrey ) to reflect daylight savings time?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

When I had home phone, I had to set our Panasonic phones...

rstra
Grand Master

When I had home phone, I had to set our Panasonic phones manually..

Interesting, thanks! I would have thought the CallerID sy...

rblt
Grasshopper

Interesting, thanks!
I would have thought the CallerID system would transmit the time along with the calling phone number.

0 Kudos

I may be wrong, and the system may have changed as it has...

rstra
Grand Master

I may be wrong, and the system may have changed as it has been a few years since I had Shaw home phone.

0 Kudos

hi I'm in Burnaby bc  my phone with shaw is showing corre...

g-idk
Master

hi I'm in Burnaby bc  my phone with shaw is showing correct time. And yes shaw has the same system where after the first call it updates the time automatically. Sorry about your phone, maybe try unplugging the power to the phone so the time is lost then plug in again and get someone to call you but don't answer until 2 rings and caller id has kicked in.  good luck

> would transmit the time ... Maybe it does, but my UNIDE...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> would transmit the time ...

Maybe it does, but my UNIDEN base-unit must be ignoring that information. The CID and buttons on my wireless handsets show the time programmed into the handset.  So, after changing the batteries in the handset, and at start/end of Daylight Saving Time, I must reset the date/time on each handset.

> don't answer until 2 rings and Caller-ID has kicked in

Most "modern" phones do not make a sound on the first "ring". Instead, they receive the Caller-ID after the first ring, and display it when playing a sound on the second ring.  I have a POTS (Plain Old Telephone Set) in one room -- it always sounds on the first "ring", which drives people crazy when I pick up my UNIDEN phone *before* it sounds the second "ring".

Thank you for adding the comment re Telus and how they do...

rwp1946
Grasshopper

Thank you for adding the comment re Telus and how they do the time change...  😀   ...  I  lucked out and came on this link on my first search on Google.  Yup,  that is how Telus does it ...  called my landline from my cell and 'bingo'  time adjusted....  

0 Kudos

-- I have a UNIDEN base-unit, with 2 cordless handsets. I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rblt -- I have a UNIDEN base-unit, with 2 cordless handsets. I had to manually "fall-back" on each handset, to show PST.

I wish that "Daylight Saving Time" should be eliminated. Studies show increased motor-vehicle incidents after each time-change.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help