6 Chats,no need exchange of route and no 300

warskull
Grasshopper

I have had 6 chats and the retail exchanged my Hitron saying only XB6 will work, and my wired connection 95 max, wireless desktop 175.

Last tech says my router has been unbridged, but is still working with better speeds than XB6.

Now I have to wait till Tuesday  morning for a tech visit, what is happening, should never have tried power as since it has been crap.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: 6 Chats,no need exchange of route and no 300

Not applicable

Wired connection max of 95 max indicates an issue with your network cable or the device your are connecting, it's network adapter is only 100 mbps.

100 mbps link results in 95-96 usable.  A network cable that has 4 wires instead of 8 would result in a 100 mbps link.  Otherwise the adapter is only 100, or it has been forced to 100 mbps.

Wireless testing..  Way too many variables to give any useful advice.

warskull
Grasshopper

Thanks did some research on my Dell 17R 5737 and it does not have a Gigabyte ethernet network setting, will need a wifi adapter to get better speed. My desktop does have one, but wondering if I run a 100' Cat6 line would there be any issues? if not then I could use my Linksys AE3000 for my laptop.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Personally, I see no benefits in Cat6..

Run 6e for 10gbps in the future, otherwise 5e for 1 gbps.  Can run Ethernet to a max of 100 meters.  100 feet, no problem. 

Cat5e 100 feet, great.

I avoid WiFi as much as possible.  WiFi is for convenience only, not for speed..

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help