-- a hundred random characters? A password like: A100RanC...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LeadingEd -- a hundred random characters?

A password like: A100RanCha?  should be OK:

• both upper & lower case letters
  • numeric digits
  • 11 characters -- better than anything shorter
  • one "special" character
  • no words that are present in any dictionary

🙂

0 Kudos

but they don't tell you that which is my point. my shaw w...

LeadingEd
Grasshopper

but they don't tell you that which is my point. my shaw webmail account was locked 3 times in the 6 weeks. It was suggested from tech support that the password didn't meet security criteria. In other words too simple or easy to break. So I did what you suggested. Odd thing is my other shaw webmail password is very simple and there has never been a problem.

0 Kudos

They say when there is a problem that the system wants a...

LeadingEd
Grasshopper

They say when there is a problem that the system wants a more secure password but my point is that Shaw or anyone at tech support does not know what that means. Hence my comment on a hundred etc.

Now I have another problem. My webmail stopped and is not receiving emails (of course we don't know this until weeks have passed.). Doesn't work on my mobile either. My patience with Shaw is being tested.

0 Kudos

-- My webmail stopped and is not receiving emails ... (an...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LeadingEd -- My webmail stopped and is not receiving emails ... (and) my mobile ...

Both WebMail and your mobile need to be configured to use the current password for your E-mail ID. 

0 Kudos

My Shaw email continuously locked up for months. After ge...

jimras
Grasshopper

My Shaw email continuously locked up for months. After getting it unlocked several times and complaining to Shaw reps, with no results, I finally left it locked and changed email services. 

I had to report I was having the same problem using my pa...

mglogan
Grasshopper

I had to report I was having the same problem using my parent's email because you can't say anything on here without an account, if I can't log in how am I supposed to report issues!?

0 Kudos

-- if I can't log in how am I supposed to report issues!?...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mglogan -- if I can't log in how am I supposed to report issues!?

Use either 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat

You may need to get your parents to authorize you to interact with Shaw on their behalf, if there are any "billing" issues.

0 Kudos

how the hell do  you fix it. i have been at it for hours.

Kelly141
Grasshopper

how the hell do  you fix it. i have been at it for hours. 

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kelly141 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222) where you can get help, after you give them more details about what you are trying to do (get access?) and what you tried, and what error-messages you received.

0 Kudos

I cannot access my shaw email account. I encountered an e...

Jocelyntong
Grasshopper

I cannot access my shaw email account. I encountered an error 400. I am very unhappy about this. How can a not very active account be suspended by a company providing such service?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help