Android 9 snd email

tamara26
Grasshopper

I recently upgraded to Android 9 on my Samsung Note 9 and have an issue woth Shaw's email. If i set it up as active sync i can sybc my calendar but not send emails. If i set up as IMAP i can send emails bit not sync my calendar. Any ideas? This worked properly on Android 8

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: Android 9 snd email

shaw-tony

Hey tamara26,

Thank you for reaching out! I gave this a test on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and don't see any issue with the Exchange ActiveSync. I was able to send emails out along with the calendar syncing up. Do you receive any error messages when trying to send an email out? Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

tamara26
Grasshopper

Thanks Tony.  I don't get an error message - the emails just sit there in my Outbox.  I've got the Note 9 and recently upgraded to Android 9 that's when this started happening.

0 Kudos

mbir
Grasshopper

I have seen the same problem with two Samsung S9 phones using the Samsung Email app.  The most obvious sign is the "last synced" time is not updated even when performing a manual sync.  (No error messages but the busy indicator continues for awhile.)

Found some references that suggest first clearing the Email App cache and if not ... clearing the data (which means re-adding the account details.)

shaw-tony

tamara26 Thank you for the details.  mbir has a great suggestion on a fix that you could try. If it still continues to be an issue, it may be an app related problem. I'd recommend reaching out to Samsung directly to report the issue so they can get an update/fix for it. You can find their contact here.

0 Kudos

mbir
Grasshopper

So I reached out to Samsung and they performed a remote support session.  At that time, they pushed IMAP (which worked) instead of Active Sync.  When I mentioned the limitations they suggested it was an issue with the e-mail server (which I disagreed with them).  shaw-tony‌, the only rationale I could think of was the version of Active Sync supported by Shaw .. can you provide that detail?

tamara26‌, what version of the Samsung E-mail app do you have?

0 Kudos

tamara26
Grasshopper

Hello mbir‌ - thanks for all of the suggestions and reaching out.  I have tried clearing the cashe, removing and re-adding the email account and nothing.  I have version 6.0.01.11 of the email app and as I said this did work fine in Android 8.  It is possible that Android 9 and a newer version of the Email app is expecting a newer version of Active Sync form the Shaw side.

Also, I get no error message, no busy sign, nothing - I hit send and the emails end up in my Outbox and just stay there.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

mbir and  thank you for the details in working with the vendor. I'll submit a ticket to our engineers to investigate further into this to see if we can find a resolution or a specific answer. I appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos

mbir
Grasshopper

tamara26 so that was the version I saw the same problem with and how I got it to work was to uninstall the update.  (From Settings -> Apps)  Once I did that I found it worked again.  What's interesting is that when I check for updates, this older version is the latest.  (For me it reverted to 6.0.00.63)

Not sure the story with 6.0.01 version if it was broken or uses a new version of Active Sync but something to watch for with the next update of the Samsung Email app.

tamara26
Grasshopper

Hi mbir‌ thanks for that as it worked! Really appreciate the help.

Tamara

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help