Are we able to sign up for Shaw Internet 300 2 year value plan?

mahram
Grasshopper

Hi, our 2 year value plan ended back in March and we're currently still on Internet 300 but since we never chose another 2 year value plan at the time, they extended our old offer for one year but at $5 more.

However, we noticed there is a new 2 year value Shaw Internet 300 plan being offered and we were wondering if we can subscribe to this plan right now?

We also noticed it says BlueCurve Internet. If we go on this plan, do we have to change our current modem for this? 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Last month, I upgraded from a "grandfathered" plan (Inter...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Last month, I upgraded from a "grandfathered" plan (Internet 15) to a 2-year "Internet 300" Value Plan.

By my choice, it did not include "BlueCurve". I wanted to keep my current PVR, and the content that I have saved on it. Changing PVRs would have deleted all the content.

It did require me to replace my old Shaw cable-modem -- capable of a maximum of 25 Mbit/sec -- by the high-speed HITRON device. After doing the upgrade over the telephone, I went to the local Shaw "retail" location, and picked-up the new modem (and recycled the old one).

I was able to "retire" my own 4-port wired/wireless router (it had a firmware issue that would have caused problems for me after Dec. 31 this year!), and deployed the built-in WiFi on the new modem. New SSID and new password for the wireless devices inside my home.

The only problem was that my list of "authorized" WiFi devices was wiped-out, when I changed "plans". So, the next time that I needed to use the ShawOpen WiFi, I had to re-authorize my device.  Hint: use the "MyShaw" web-site to get a list of your authorized devices, before you contact Shaw.

0 Kudos

our customer support team can certainly review the best p...

shaw-tony

@mahram our customer support team can certainly review the best plan for your needs. You can contact them here.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help