Arris XB6 wifi bands

mcduck
Grasshopper

I recently upgraded my shaw internet service and was given an Arris XB6 Advanced Wifi modem. My shaw I-comfort wifi, that was connected to the internet by my old shaw modem, stopped working. 

The thermostat will only connect to "B &G" bands or "B&G&N" bands. The arris XB6 has  A, G, N, and AC. The thermostat does not see the WIFI.

Is there anything that I can do to get them communicating? Is there a different internet 300 modem that works with the B band? I do not want to replace the thermostat.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
3 Replies

Re: Arris XB6 wifi bands

shaw-tony

Hey mcduck,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. If your thermostat has the ability to connect to B/G/N then it should be able to see the WiFi as the XB6 has G/N WiFi modes available. If you have the WiFi SSID currently combined, you can certainly follow the steps here to split the 2.4G and 5G networks (ensure you name them differently). Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

I uae the Shaw Blue Curve Gateway with 3 pods in use to e...

merns2
Grasshopper

I uae the Shaw Blue Curve Gateway with 3 pods in use to extend the wifi signal. I have a Lennox 10f81 i-Comfort furnace thermostat that requires B, G or N bands in order to connect to our home network. The thermostat does not recognize our wifi network and shows zero signal strength bars on the display.

How can I get B, G or N band activated using the Blue Curve Gateway?

The solution you provided to mcduck does not resolve my issue.

0 Kudos

based on our specifications here, the BlueCurve Gateway a...

shaw-tony

@merns2 based on our specifications here, the BlueCurve Gateway and Pods should display a/b/g/n/ac networks for your thermostat to connect to. When you split your WiFi networks, did it still not find a connection? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help