Thanks for the response, I have chatted with 3 technician...

Lalabc
Grasshopper

Thanks for the response, I have chatted with 3 technicians nothing help.  

-I only use 2 pods now Gateway modem is in the middle of 2 pods and pods are at least 40ft away from each other with good gateway signal

-At first they all connect to the gateway and after a day one pod decide to connect to another pod instead

-The Pod connected to another pod can still work well at beginning but after a while the speed drop dramatically and stay that way

-And finally same with others in this chat room, devices at same places keep changing connecting point and drop speed or lose connection 

have tried changing pods locations remove and readd countless time, no improvements very frustrated  

0 Kudos

If a device always connects to the strongest signal, how...

Hawaiians
Grasshopper

If a device always connects to the strongest signal, how come the TV box does NOT connect to the Gateway that sits right next to it and instead picks up the signal of a pod that is downstairs and a couple of rooms away?! We already have the super annoying problem that the picture and/or sound on the TV cut out all the time (only on Shaw, not on third party apps like Netflix), and this only exacerbates the problem.

You could try using an Ethernet cable and connect the cab...

rstra
Grand Master

You could try using an Ethernet cable and connect the cable box to the BlueCurve. 

In some cases for some specific devices we do need to att...

tc10
Grasshopper

In some cases for some specific devices we do need to attach to a specific gigapods. In my case, the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi of the XB7 modem is switching channels continuously, while the giga pod 2.4 GHz is solid and working perfectly. If I could connect to the giga pod, my Nest cam would not be off-line and online 20 to 50 times a day. I have forced the connection to the giga pod by moving my XB7 further away and the giga pod works perfectly The 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi of the giga pod seems to perhaps have a better chip than the 2.4 GHz of the gateway??🤔

0 Kudos

I have a situation where the pods are far better than the...

tc10
Grasshopper

I have a situation where the pods are far better than the gateway for the 2.4ghz network for my Nest cam.
We do need to be able to select device as an option.  

0 Kudos

etal:  Working with the Gateway and pods takes a little t...

rickatk
Master

@ChrisWally  etal: 

Working with the Gateway and pods takes a little trial and error.

I suggest taking down your pods and rebooting your Gateway. Ensure the Gateway is located relatively central in your home then do some testing using the WIFI SweetSpots app. Get a picture of how well the Gateway is reaching to areas around your place. You may find the Gateway does the job adequately. If you decide to use the pods set out a plan. One of the biggest things to avoid is your pod joining with a device that is not required. I ran into that and seriously compromised my iMac download speed. Before the pod relocation, the iMac was connecting to the Gateway directly.

In short be very judicious with the use of the pods. I only used one to connect with my media room which has a smart tv, network speaker and cordless tv box. My XB7 connects with all my other devices around the house and outside without the help of a pod.

BTW if you have a device(speaker, wireless tvbox etc near your XB6/7 Gateway, connect that device using Ethernet to minimize wifi disruption.

Thanks for insights. A couple of questions. 1. I have see...

tc10
Grasshopper

Thanks for insights. A couple of questions.

1. I have seen some mixed reviews on SweetSpots. It looks good but some question the security of the app. Is it ok?
2. I am connecting to Nestcams which only connect by wifi so ethernet connection is not an option.
3. I have an older stucco house with wire mesh in the walls (Faraday) so Pods are required. I tried without first.
4. good insights regarding locating the pods. It would really help if Shaw Comcast) gave us some tools to help use Pods more effectively

0 Kudos

-- 1. I have seen some mixed reviews on SweetSpots. It lo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tc10 -- 1. I have seen some mixed reviews on SweetSpots. It looks good but some question the security of the app. Is it ok?

I would guess that it is OK if you use it for one or two hours. If you are worried, disconnect the coaxial-cable from your cable-modem, to block all Internet connections, before launching the app. After doing your "room-by-room-survey", just uninstall it.

The 3 small ones weren't great. I've exchanged them for t...

Oknitro
Grasshopper

The 3 small ones weren't great. I've exchanged them for the single large pod. It's actually better than the 3 from what we've last last few weeks. 

0 Kudos

Yes , I agree, the automatic feature is not working as it...

dnp
Grasshopper

Yes , I agree, the automatic feature is not working as it should way too often, the ability to lock and prioritize certain devices would alleviate that. Right now we have tablets and phones that bump off static devices like our music system, security system and cause disruption due to bandwidth limitations. We have a 750mb download plan and run 4 pods, theoretically we should not be experiencing this.

TALK TO US
We're here to help