Bad IP address preventing mail sending

diggymacd
Grasshopper

For unknown reasons my ipv4 address has been blacklisted. Apparently, this is preventing me from using any mail client from sending emails to any other Shaw email address (although I can send to other servers). The obvious solution is to get the IP address changed, but Shaw customer support says they can't do this.

So is there a way I can "force" the Shaw servers to replace my IP address. I have the ARRIS GRP TG4482A. I tried putting it in bridge mode, which did give me a new IP address. But as soon as I disabled bridge mode, it reverted back to the old IP. I can't find any way to change the router's MAC address. Do I have to turn it off for 48 hours? Would that even work? Any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

The modem would have to be off for a certain amount of ti...

rstra
Grand Master

@diggymacdThe modem would have to be off for a certain amount of time or the modem replaced. Odd that Shaw would blacklist one of its own IPs

0 Kudos

> For unknown reasons Did you try to get Shaw Support (1-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> For unknown reasons

Did you try to get Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222) to give you a reason?

> The obvious solution is to get the IP address changed, but Shaw customer support says they can't do this.

As the Other Person indicated, change the cable-modem. If you have the noisy XB6, complain, to get an XB7 or an XB8.

> I tried putting it in bridge mode, which did give me a new IP address.

Good. Add your own Ethernet router, and you can then configure it to use non-Shaw DNS-servers -- which is something that some people on this forum have been demanding.

0 Kudos

Any idea how long the modem needs to be off?  Also, it's...

diggymacd
Grasshopper

Any idea how long the modem needs to be off? Also, it's not Shaw blacklisting the IP address, a third party. Looks like Shaw has outsourced its email to a clould service.

0 Kudos

Looks like Shaw has outsourced its email to a cloud servi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Looks like Shaw has outsourced its email to a cloud service.

A few years ago, Shaw outsourced the E-mail filtering, but Shaw still operates the mail-servers, to store your messages, and to allow you to send messages.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help