Basic 10 Internet

dm2
Grasshopper

On the Basic 10 internet package it has a 150 gb limit. 

What happens if you go over 150 gb? Is there an extra charge? Or do you lose internet access until the next billing cycle? Or is the speed throttled?

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies

we do not charge data overages and would recommend a plan...

shaw-tony

@dm2 we do not charge data overages and would recommend a plan that best suits your needs. 

0 Kudos

Kinda off topic but hey.... With the ultra-fast speeds of...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

Kinda off topic but hey....
With the ultra-fast speeds of Internet 10, at a constant maximum download, it will take you 37 hours to go over your data allotment. And they will be the longest 37 hours of your life.

If you are asking out of curiosity, Shaw does not charge overages. But with consistent overage you may get a call.
But if you are asking because you are looking for ways to reduce cost, you would be better off contacting Shaw directly and find a personalized solution, as 10Mbps is great for a single user hardwired in surfing the web and not using streaming as a primary source of entertainment.

If you share your network with anyone, or you yourself like to use multiple devices at a time. Avoid Internet 10.

I was thinking of dropping from Shaw 300 to 10 due to cos...

baze75
Grasshopper

I was thinking of dropping from Shaw 300 to 10 due to cost as well. It exceeds Netflix requirements and is equivalent to Fibe 10 which I have had in the past with no issue: 2 PCs, 2 iPhones, 1 tablet, Alarm/Thermostat, and Netflix whenever.

I don’t do heavy gaming or download movies I guess.

Thanks 

0 Kudos

If you think it fits your needs, might be a good idea to...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

If you think it fits your needs, might be a good idea to talk to a Shaw rep and weigh out the Pros and Cons. And change your plan. I hope you get what you need 🙂

TALK TO US
We're here to help