Blue Curve and Internet

mplihal
Grasshopper

I just upgraded to the wireless Blue Curve.  After dealing with 2 days of blacked out cable and internet issues I have deduced it is the cable box that is the issue (I can stream from other devices and use my phone, but the second I switch to the cable box I have problems).  What is the solution here?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

-- the BlueCurve is your gateway to the Internet, and to...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mplihal -- the BlueCurve is your gateway to the Internet, and to Shaw's feed of TV channels.

If your Internet is working correctly, you can stream to your wired/wireless devices, including your mobile phone, if it supports WiFi.

So, are you saying that you are not getting any audio/video output to your TV?

0 Kudos

I am saying the cable freezes and I get error codes const...

mplihal
Grasshopper

I am saying the cable freezes and I get error codes constantly.  If I switch instead to streaming Netflix from my phone to the tv it is stable and fine. 

If I try watching  cable and trying having my new 5G cell phone attached to the wifi it freezes even more often.  It is a nightmare.

0 Kudos

--  I am saying the cable freezes and I get error codes c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mplihal --  I am saying the cable freezes and I get error codes constantly. 

By "cable", I presume that you are referring to TV channels fed by coaxial-cable into your BlueCurve, and then by HDMI-cable to the TV.

Exactly what is the text of those error-codes?  Do you see those texts on your TV screen?

Which manufacturer and model-number is your TV? Is it a "smart-TV", with built-in apps, such as Netflix?

Which manufacturer and model-number is your smart-phone?

> If I switch instead to streaming Netflix from my phone to the tv it is stable and fine. 

This implies that the coaxial-cable feeding into the BlueCurve is fine, and the two connections:

1. BlueCurve via WiFi  to your phone,

2. from your phone via WiFi to your TV,

both are working correctly.  In the latter case, the TV is ignoring any TV-signals incoming from the BlueCurve.

> If I try watching cable and trying having my new 5G cell phone attached to the wifi it freezes even more often.

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum. I recommend that you contact Shaw Support ( 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) for them to trouble-shoot your TV-viewing issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help