BlueCurve Active Time Limits and Scheduled Down Times not working for iphone 6

jayde8
Grasshopper

Hello,

I had recently signed up for Shaw internet for the BlueCurve features which should allow me to monitor my son's internet time using his iphone.

I had followed all the instructions to set up the active time limits which will pause the iphone when the active limit has been reached, and bedtime downtime schedules to pause the iphone in the evening when it is bed time.

I have noticed that when the phone is paused due to the active time limit being reached, or because of the bedtime downtime schedule - my son is still able to access the internet and use his iphone to play internet games and chat even though the profile shows the iphone is paused.

I checked the FAQs and I do not see any duplicate devices which was noted as a cause of such an issue.

I reached out to Shaw via CHAT and they were unable to determine what the cause of the issue was, and can only suggest to send me a new bluecurve gateway modem to see if that would fix the issue.   I have received the new modem, and the exact same problem remains.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and have any suggestions or ideas?   I am at a loss as to how to utilize the BlueCurve tool to help my son keep his electronics time to a reasonable limit.

Much appreciated!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

After posting this, I later found many long string of pos...

jayde8
Grasshopper

After posting this, I later found many long string of posts from other frustrated parents going through the same thing for months!   This has been rather frustrating since when I reached out to Shaw regarding this issue - they were already aware of this issue, and didn't advise me accordingly.  I am hoping Shaw will offer a fix soon to what was promoted.  Otherwise, I feel misled in signing up for the 2 year contract based on features which do not work.

0 Kudos

I'm sorry for any frustrations this may have caused you....

shaw-tony

@jayde8 I'm sorry for any frustrations this may have caused you. There is a patch in the works to resolve this matter and we have an active thread here. Once I receive more information, I will update the thread. Your patience is appreciated!

0 Kudos

Yes, this is the string of postings I had found after I h...

jayde8
Grasshopper

Yes, this is the string of postings I had found after I had reached out for help via Shaw Chat.   It concerns me that this issue dates as far back as July 2019, and the answer to date is that a fix is on the way, and we will let you know when it's available.   Here we are on Oct 20, 2020, and this is still the same answer.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help