BlueCurve download speed issues

MikePeltzer
Grasshopper

I recently got BlueCurve 300, and I’ve been happy with it all except for one thing. I have good consistent speeds around 300, but when I want to download a bigger file or game, the download speed slows down immensely to around 150. If I do a speed test while I am downloading, it still shows a speed of 300

I’ve had someone come out and switch modems, check wiring and signals, and all is okay. Has anyone else had an issue similar?

5 Replies

it may be the server you are connecting to. What client a...

shaw-tony

@MikePeltzer it may be the server you are connecting to. What client are you using to download new games? Also, do you have any 3rd party routing or switches attached to the modem; are you directly connected to the modem via ethernet?

0 Kudos

I agree that it may be the remote server that is "throttl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I agree that it may be the remote server that is "throttling" its download speed to your computer.

I just downloaded Apple iTunes 64-bit for Windows

The Windows Task Manager showed a maximum of about 125 Mbits/second, on my "Internet 150" plan, downloading to a folder on a SSD (Solid-State disk), thus avoiding any delay in [slowly] writing this download to a "spinning" disk-drive.

Note that Youtube definitely does "throttle" -- no sense in them allowing a "full-speed" download of the entire video, if the video is playing in "real-time" (not in a "fast-forward" mode).

I have an Xbox one hardwired to my modem. PC downloads ar...

MikePeltzer
Grasshopper

I have my Xbox one hardwired to my modem. PC downloads are slowed down as well.

0 Kudos

ave my Xbox one hardwired to my modem. PC downloads are s...

MikePeltzer
Grasshopper

0 Kudos

for the Xbox One, I've read from other forums that there...

shaw-tony

@MikePeltzer for the Xbox One, I've read from other forums that there is generally a speed limit of around 100-200 Mbps and it will also depend on the server you are connecting to.

As for your PC, are you downloading games from Steam and noticing slow speeds? @mdk is correct when it comes to hard drives to avoid any bottlenecks in the download (SSD>Traditional HD). Is it slow when you are downloading only one game and no one else is using the internet?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help