Jump to solution

BlueCurve in Bridge Mode, Firewall active?

SolArgenti
Grasshopper

Hello,

I am running the Bluecurve in Bridge mode to 2 Soho Routers (two public IP addresses). I'm struggling to get my Domain name to link to my server and I'm wondering if the Firewall is still active in Bridge mode. I assume its not but I am also unable to access any UI of the Bluecurve while its in Bridge mode to confirm in fact its not. I've also tried teh Shaw Home App which simply indicates the router is in Bridge Mode.

Question 1) Is it possible the Firewall is still running?

Question 2) Is there a way to access the Bluecurve UI while the Router is in Bridge Mode? (hooking directly to the Bluecurve with my PC?, then 10.0.0.1 will work?)

Question 3) is there a way to rule out the Bluecurve as the culprit? 

Thanks!!!!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

--  > Question 1) Is it possible the Firewall is still ru...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SolArgenti -- 

> Question 1) Is it possible the Firewall is still running?

It should not be active. All traffic should "pass-through" the bridge (compare to a bridge between Windsor Ontario and Detroit Michigan), because a bridge is just a bridge.

> Question 2) Is there a way to access the Bluecurve UI while the Router is in Bridge Mode?

Connecting directly to the Bluecurve with my PC, via http://10.0.0.1  will work.  Occasionally, a bridge is slightly more than just a bridge.  🙂

Note: disable any VPN client on your computer before trying to connect.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

--  > Question 1) Is it possible the Firewall is still ru...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SolArgenti -- 

> Question 1) Is it possible the Firewall is still running?

It should not be active. All traffic should "pass-through" the bridge (compare to a bridge between Windsor Ontario and Detroit Michigan), because a bridge is just a bridge.

> Question 2) Is there a way to access the Bluecurve UI while the Router is in Bridge Mode?

Connecting directly to the Bluecurve with my PC, via http://10.0.0.1  will work.  Occasionally, a bridge is slightly more than just a bridge.  🙂

Note: disable any VPN client on your computer before trying to connect.

TALK TO US
We're here to help