Jump to solution

Bluecurve internet or basic ?

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

I have Bluecurve internet got it increased from 300 to 600 to see if it makes a difference though maybe in a month I'll go back down to 300 as maybe that's all I need....my main question is what is the main differences between Bluecurve internet & the basic? I did have basic before I went to Bluecurve....also I'm on a 2 year value plan with my Bluecurve internet (not my cable tv as that is month to month).......if I find that Bluecurve internet is not for me & makes not much difference (plus I'm.saving money as well) , can I go back to basic internet & stay in my 2 year value plan with being charged for it? Or am I stuck with Bluecurve internet (I have no intention of canceling then having to pay the fee to buy out my plan) .......as I see just wondering if Bluecurve internet is any better than basic internet....I don't think I've really noticed a difference since I went to Bluecurve internet 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Compare your actual Internet speed to driving your vehicl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Compare your actual Internet speed to driving your vehicle from your residence, through city streets, onto a highway to your parent's residence in a suburb of a different city.  Part of your trip will be at "highway speed", but the "first-mile" and "last-mile" will be much slower. If your computer is connecting to a remote server that is not capable of sending at 600 Mbits/second, that creates a "bottle-neck" that you will notice, even if your "last-mile" is sending, in bursts, at 600 Mbits/second (or even 300 Mbits/second).

If you download a file from the Microsoft Download Center, or the latest version of iTunes from Apple's server, or something from www.amazon.ca -- it is likely that you will receive at the speeds that you are paying for. But, if you're viewing web-pages from a government web-site, e.g., www.gov.bc.ca -- your download will be slower.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

Compare your actual Internet speed to driving your vehicl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Compare your actual Internet speed to driving your vehicle from your residence, through city streets, onto a highway to your parent's residence in a suburb of a different city.  Part of your trip will be at "highway speed", but the "first-mile" and "last-mile" will be much slower. If your computer is connecting to a remote server that is not capable of sending at 600 Mbits/second, that creates a "bottle-neck" that you will notice, even if your "last-mile" is sending, in bursts, at 600 Mbits/second (or even 300 Mbits/second).

If you download a file from the Microsoft Download Center, or the latest version of iTunes from Apple's server, or something from www.amazon.ca -- it is likely that you will receive at the speeds that you are paying for. But, if you're viewing web-pages from a government web-site, e.g., www.gov.bc.ca -- your download will be slower.

TALK TO US
We're here to help