I'm not sure I follow you completely. Putting the Blue Cu...

NetworkUser
Grasshopper

I'm not sure I follow you completely. Putting the Blue Curve into Bridge Mode certainly gives me one direct IP address on my router that I can use, and things were very quickly back to normal that way.

However, I have two IP addresses according to my contract, and previously with the Hitron modem could use two IP addresses, but I cannot as yet see how to use my second IP address with the Blue Curve.

Only one of the two Ethernet ports on the Blue Curve is functional in Bridge Mode. The router plugged into the Ethernet port picks up one IP. The Blue Curve WIFI is non-functional. So... one IP.

The only thing I can think of that I haven't yet tried is plugging an Ethernet switch into the Blue Curve, and then plugging the router (and a second Ethernet device) directly into the switch. At this point, I'd be pretty surprised (but pleased) if that worked to give me the two IP addresses...

0 Kudos

if your account has 2 IPs enabled. You can technically pl...

shaw-tony

@NetworkUser if your account has 2 IPs enabled. You can technically plug in two routers into the ethernet ports. In your case, the first ethernet port can be your router and the second ethernet port is an unmanaged switch. Both the router and the switch will have separate IPs.

0 Kudos

Was there ever a response to this? I have the same issue

bomberbob
Grasshopper

Was there ever a response to this? I have the same issue

0 Kudos

> I have the same issue. Can you provide some more detail...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I have the same issue.

Can you provide some more details about your configuration?

Hitron or Shaw Gateway or BlueCurve modem/router?

Standard or bridged mode?

Do you want to use the built-in WiFi in your Shaw device?

For what reason do you want to have two "public" IP-addresses?

Have you logged-in to the modem/router's web-interface, and made any changes?

0 Kudos

Hi I had a Hitron and configured Port 4 as a passthru por...

bomberbob
Grasshopper

Hi

I had a Hitron and configured Port 4 as a passthru port - I plugged my firewall in behind it - everything worked well for a number of years

Shaw talked me into upgrading my service so they sent me a Bluecurve gateway modem (Model CGM4140COM). I want to configure it the same way as my Hitron was.

The modem is in standard mode because I don't want my family behind my firewall. I require it because I have a number of IPSEC VPN connections to various sites

If possible, I would like to use the builtin WIFI in the Shaw router.

I have logged into the modem a number of times but can't see a setting that I'm looking for

0 Kudos

> The modem is in standard mode ... > I would like to use...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> The modem is in standard mode ...

> I would like to use the built-in WiFi in the Shaw router.

In a "standard" configuration, the built-in WiFi is active and can be configured to your choice of SSID/password, and the router supplies "private" IP-addresses on each of the Ethernet ports.

>  I require it because I have a number of IPSEC VPN connections to various sites.

Can you please elaborate?

0 Kudos

I have the wifi working so that part is OK... I use the f...

bomberbob
Grasshopper

I have the wifi working so that part is OK...

I use the firewall to establish  a number of IPSEC (permanent) VPN connections to other sites, which is why I require a second external IP. The Shaw Bluetooth Gateway does not support IPSec VPN which is why I need to plug in a firewall behind it. As I mentionaed in my initial response, this was accomplished on the Hitron by establishing one of the ethernet ports as a "pass thru" port so a second external IP address was available to the f/w. Not sure what else to tell you

0 Kudos

Unfortunately the BlueCurve is a major downgrade from the...

visiter555
Grasshopper

Unfortunately the BlueCurve is a major downgrade from the Hitron.  The BlueCurve (in Bridge mode) can only issue one IP and this is the one that you connect to first.  The second port will not work.  period

The HiTron allowed bridge mode and issued two and only two IP addresses so you could only attach two routers directly to the HiTron.

If you want multiple Lans or one general and one VPN for instance the HiTron is the way to go OR you can put the BlueCurve into Bridge mode, attach your router in GATEWAY mode.  THEN put your second router into your first router lan port and put the second router in ROUTER mode. 

You may have to review the settions for the modes available on your routers.

Not in Bridge mode.    No matter what the sales people sa...

visiter555
Grasshopper

Not in Bridge mode. 

No matter what the sales people say, in bridge only ONE ethernet port will work on the BlueCurve POS modem

I know this is an older thread. But I was lied to as well...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

I know this is an older thread. But I was lied to as well as recently as this year on a similar issue regarding the Bluecurve modem's capabilities. If I were to guess, I would say this modem is inferior in many ways and costs less compared to the Hitron and Arris modems. It's a cost saving feature. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help