Bluecurve not detecting devices?

ktorza
Grasshopper

Shaw Bluecurve is giving me problems. When I try to view the devices connected to my gateway, It wont show anything. But when I view it from the other site (10.0.0.1), there are devices connected to my router. I needed to port forward, but it cannot find any device that is connected. Is there anyway I can just port forward using the other method, like doing it in the 10.0.0.1 site. 

I understand that shaw is doing this for "ease of use", but this is just making it hard for me to do something so simple. Also, please do not get rid of the old method, even if there is a new method of doing things for example, port forwarding. I try to port forward, but it forces me to go use shaw bluecurve. You can have the new shaw bluecurve but please, do not remove the other method. Now I am having problems with this new method.

Labels (1)
10 Replies

that is certainly odd. Your devices should show up in the...

shaw-tony

@ktorza that is certainly odd. Your devices should show up in the BlueCurve app/web-app once they are connected to the network. I'd recommend trying a factory pinhole reset to see if the devices reconnect.

Same Issue

jdoane
Grasshopper

Having the same issue.  All I want to do is port forward but now it's impossible because you can't do it manually (whose idea was that? Come on...)  I see all my devices connected in modem gateway, but this app shows nothing. 

Guess what happened when I tried to do a factory reset, something went haywire and I was left 6 days without net because the modem was no longer working. Can we please have a way to manually port forward devices, this is an extremely ridiculous problem to be having.

Same here! Its been almost a week since I first tried to...

FixBlueCurve
Grasshopper

Same here! Its been almost a week since I first tried to port forward and every time I get the "Something went wrong" prompt. I tried everything from Confirming my mac address is correct to, Doing a pinhole reset multiple twice on different days. Once I did a pinhole reset all devices stopped showing up on the website! I waited an hour but the problem persisted. I then restarted my gateway not knowing that it would reset my password and network name. I kept going though solutions listed on the forums...

So I solved the problem while typing this. I'm guessing Devices tend not to show up after a pinhole reset until a certain amount of time goes by. guess I should have had to wait even longer. I decided that I was all clear to try again about 1hr after doing the pinhole reset but no? since it didn't work and seemed like nothing was working I did a gateway reset. I didn't know that it would reset the name and password so now everything seemed even more broken then before. why should that even matter though?? I'm using an ethernet cable!

If none of your device does not show up, wait another hour. If your specific device is not showing up, check the mac address and compare it with other devices to see if your device is not using some bs name. If your device is not able to port forward, search up how to check if your device is using ipv6(or both ipv4 and ipv6) and switch it to ipv4 only. (http://testingfreak.com/change-enabledisable-ipv4-ipv6-computer-windows/). It probably still wont work so next try to allow the port you are trying to use since windows firewall will block access. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-open-firewall-ports-in-windows-10,36451.html

If you are still having problems, keep looking for the solution. or give up and watch Dragon Ball Z.

0 Kudos

--  [after pin-hole reset] ... I didn't know that it woul...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@FixBlueCurve --  [after pin-hole reset] ... I didn't know that it would reset the name and password

That method of reset is designed to help the person recover after they have forgotten the name or password.  So, it is good that it did a "complete" reset.

> If none of your device does not [???] show up

Did you power-off/power-on the connected devices, to force them to reconnect with the BlueCurve, via sending a new DHCP-request? That might help, rather than not powering-off the device, but just waiting for the device's DHCP-lease to "expire".

0 Kudos

Pinhole reset hasn't worked. I need to Port Forward for P...

Bish4
Grasshopper

Pinhole reset hasn't worked. I need to Port Forward for Plex but my computer "isn't connected" as I'm on my computer.... Logged on to the Gateway site... connected to my wifi... looking at the site that says I'm not connected to the wifi... I'm running off a ipv4 so that's not the issue...

I get having it in the app, but taking it away from 10.0.0.1 seems silly.

Had this same issue after I set my the blue curve firewal...

Bryangbenoit
Grasshopper

Had this same issue after I set my the blue curve firewall settings to high. After I reset the firewall settings to default (low) my devices started showing up again in the blue curve app. 

0 Kudos

Trying to create an OPENVPN connection to a NAS server at...

DoraP
Grasshopper

Trying to create an OPENVPN connection to a NAS server at home... Bluecurve doesn't show the server as connected but I can connect to it through the browser GUI. I did find a way to manually create a connection in bluecurve - you need the IP and mac address.  I do not have this working yet - the connection status is showing as "unknown".  I'll reply with details if i get this working.

0 Kudos

This doesn't work either... Bluecurve is not showing conn...

DoraP
Grasshopper

This doesn't work either... Bluecurve is not showing connected devices properly.  It is also showing devices connected when they are not.  This is such a hassle - you need to get this fixed.  How long does it take for the connection status to update?

The Blue Curve firmware is absolutely the worst user expe...

k8sbrian
Grasshopper

The Blue Curve firmware is absolutely the worst user experience I have ever experienced. 

I have the same problem.  I have a VM running in a proxmox server and want to port-forward to that VM.  The Blue Curve DHCP server gave it a reserved IP address based on the MAC address of the VM, and it has full internet access and a local GUI on the LAN.  I can connect to it find and it just works.

But it doesn't show up as "Online" in the list of connected devices on the Blue Curve router, so I cannot assign a port forward to it. 

That's literally so brain-dead to not permit a port-forward to ANY IP that I enter, as long as it's inside the LAN range.  The router should not try to police it. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help