BlueCurve Port Forwarding

-__-
Grasshopper

Hello,

I will preface this post by saying that I know how to forward ports. My question is this: how can I allow my family members to forward ports as well, using my BlueCurve Modem?

Until recently, my brother was able to login to our local gateway and forward ports using the "advanced" port forwarding page:

8647101b406718870249aeeb5e02378c.png

I was able to provide my brother with the modem's login information to forward ports himself, now it suddenly decided to just redirect him to login to MY Shaw account as the only way to forward ports. I was comfortable allowing him router access, but why is giving him the information to my Shaw account now the only way to allow him to forward ports on his own? We're both techy people and we require the ability to forward ports on a regular basis. Can anyone direct me to a solution to either get that advanced port forwarding page back, or another solution?

Thanks,

Alex

Labels (1)
26 Replies

a factory reset to the modem will bring those settings ba...

shaw-tony

@-__- a factory reset to the modem will bring those settings back. Generally, these settings have been moved to the BlueCurve home/web app for ease of access.

This happened to me as well. The issue is now a previous...

btk
Grasshopper

This happened to me as well. The issue is now a previous forward doesn't show up on the Bluecurve home page and anyway I prefer to manage these things locally. Is this going to keep happening?

> how can I allow my family members to forward ports as w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> how can I allow my family members to forward ports as well, using my BlueCurve Modem?

Is it possible to setup port-forwarding, to allow family members to initiate a Remote Desktop Protocol connection to one computer inside your LAN?

If so, is it then possible for that person to access the web-server inside the BlueCurve router, to make additional changes?

0 Kudos

after the first reset, it shouldn't.

shaw-tony

@btk after the first reset, it shouldn't.

0 Kudos

I had a tuff time finding it, but I did find it after a f...

SigmaAudio
Grasshopper

I had a tuff time finding it, but I did find it after a few hours. If you log into your router from internet.shaw.ca (Not 10.0.0.1 0r 192.168.0.1) or you can use the Shaw Home App. Go to >Network then click on >Gateway then scroll all the way down to >Advanced Settings there at the top of the page you will find Port Forwarding.

That's not ease of access. Who's dumb idea was this? Espe...

OMW
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony wrote:

@-__- a factory reset to the modem will bring those settings back. Generally, these settings have been moved to the BlueCurve home/web app for ease of access.

That's not ease of access. Who's dumb idea was this?

Especially when internet.shaw.ca opens a page that says this:

Please Give Us a Call

Sorry, there is a bit more we need to do to get you up and running with BlueCurve. Call us at 1-888-472-2222, and we will get you squared away.

I'll try a factory reset later to see if this fixes it for me.

I tried a factory reset on mine but the settings didn't c...

Quazeye
Grasshopper

I tried a factory reset on mine but the settings didn't come back.  I can't get port forwarding to work now.  I can enter it on the website but it doesn't do anything.

If you are looking to exclusively make changes through th...

shaw-tony

@Quazeye If you are looking to exclusively make changes through the modem UI, do not open the BlueCurve app or internet.shaw.ca as it will forward the settings away from the modem UI. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

There is no easy of access here, it doesn't work, port 44...

Robert27
Grasshopper

There is no easy of access here, it doesn't work, port 443 is )&)@&)&!! I can't get my network running. It was working fine before you guys changed this 😞 

TALK TO US
We're here to help