bluecurve shut down my echo devices that were connected to my mesh network

jonny998
Grasshopper

I just set up Bluecurve yesterday.  I already have a fairly sophisticated network so I put the bluecurve in bridge mode.  All wifi and wired devices connect just fine except Amazon echo devices.  They will not connect since connecting the bluecurve.  When I disabled bridge mode, I could hook the echo devices to the bluecurve but not to the mesh network.  

Any thoughts on why the bluecurve modem won't let my echo devices connect to the mesh network?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

In "bridge" mode, are you connecting your own WiFi-capabl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

In "bridge" mode, are you connecting your own WiFi-capable router to the BlueCurve box, and then connecting your own WiFi devices to the SSID being broadcast by your own router, or to the SSID being broadcast by the BlueCurve router?

Mine is not in bridge mode, regular wi-fi connectivity. E...

chanfle62
Grasshopper

Mine is not in bridge mode, regular wi-fi connectivity. Echos wont find any network whatsoever, I tried splitting the 2.4 and 5.0 and it did nothing

0 Kudos

-- I tried splitting the 2.4 and 5.0 and it did nothing D...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@chanfle62 -- I tried splitting the 2.4 and 5.0 and it did nothing

Did you temporarily disable the 5.0 network in the BlueCurve, to see if your Echo will connect to the 2.4 network?

0 Kudos

You can try resetting the devices, if they are connected...

rstra
Grand Master

@chanfle62  You can try resetting the devices, if they are connected by Bluetooth you will see them in the app, if not, you can do it manually on the device. Alexa devices shouldn’t have a problem with 5G or band steering. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help