Jump to solution

Bridged Arris XB6: Is a MoCA filter required upstream of the arris for internet only (no TV package) required?

mz42
Grasshopper

I have a MoCA filter installed upstream of my bridged Arris XB6 modem. Is it required?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Bridged Arris XB6: Is a MoCA filter required upstream of the arris for internet only (no TV package) required?

Not applicable

Yes.

The XB6 has MoCA functions, so it should be there to isolate the MoCA abilities, ESPECIALLY if you have a Gateway/Bluesky system

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: Bridged Arris XB6: Is a MoCA filter required upstream of the arris for internet only (no TV package) required?

Not applicable

Yes.

The XB6 has MoCA functions, so it should be there to isolate the MoCA abilities, ESPECIALLY if you have a Gateway/Bluesky system

Jump to solution

corbin
Shaw Squad

Yeah, you really don't want MoCA escaping your home... IMHO

Jump to solution

Not applicable

I actually had the problem of my computer getting an IP from my Gateway system when I was first setting it up, that was how I found out the XB6 had MoCA abilities. - Noticed the DNS IP was odd when investigating why the internet wasn't work - recognized it as one of the DNS IPs from the Gateway.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

corbin
Shaw Squad

Yes, that could happen. Best to turn MoCA off on XB6 until you have a reason to need it.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help