Jump to solution

Can I use my own modem with Shaw?

redmax
Grasshopper

I am currently with a TPIA using a TC4400 modem on 750mbps plan. If I come back to Shaw, can I use my modem instead of the Shaw provided one?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

the TC4400 modem will not work with our plans. It isn't a...

shaw-tony

@redmax the TC4400 modem will not work with our plans. It isn't an available modem option within our system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

Can I use my own modem?

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Only Shaw knows for sure, but why bother, because Shaw will provide one for $0.00/month.

Jump to solution

That's why I asked here, hoping that someone from Shaw wi...

redmax
Grasshopper

That's why I asked here, hoping that someone from Shaw will answer. They do include the modem, but only if you sign a 2 year contract. I'd rather go month to month.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- hoping that someone from Shaw will answer This is a us...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@redmax -- hoping that someone from Shaw will answer

This is a user-to-user discussion forum, not a path to contact Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat is given priority over telephone) and ask them for the authoritative answer.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

LOL, funny you mention that. I did in fact try that befor...

redmax
Grasshopper

LOL, funny you mention that. I did in fact try that before posting here. After waiting on hold for over 30 min., the rep didn't know the answer and said he would check with tech support and then the call dropped and I never got a call back. The next day I tried the chat. They also didn't know but said it doesn't matter because Shaw gives you a free modem with the 24 month ValuePlan and they also started pushing the Shaw mobile service, even after I stated several times that I was not interested in switching cell providers.

They were clearly not interested in answering my question, just pushing contracts and services I don't want. Come to think of it, I guess that's why I left Shaw in the first place. I'm better off staying with the TPIA.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

the TC4400 modem will not work with our plans. It isn't a...

shaw-tony

@redmax the TC4400 modem will not work with our plans. It isn't an available modem option within our system.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help