Can you tell me if my IP Passthrough IP address is still active?

todd5
Grasshopper

PS4 was working fine last night.

Tonight it can't obtain an IP address.

PS4 is plugged directly into the router.

If I remove the PS4 mac address from the router's IP Passthrough setup then it connects fine with a not so awesome Nat Type 3.

What is the deal?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Can you tell me if my IP Passthrough IP address is still active?

Not applicable

Could be a couple things..  First, something else is pulling the second IP.  Second, the 2nd IP has been removed from your account.

Curious though.  Is UPnP turned on in your router?  If it is showing as enabled, can you try turning it off, saving, and then turning it back on, saving again, pull the power to the modem, plug it back in.  When it is online again, try your PS4 again, see if the NAT type changed.  It *should* work without passthrough.

Lastly, try passthrough on the port, not the MAC address, and again, make sure no other pass-through options have been set.

todd5
Grasshopper

I tried this and it didn't work.

I'm pretty sure the second IP has been removed but if something is using the second IP it's not any device on my network.

shaw-tony‌ any way to confirm if the IP has been removed?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Try factory resetting the modem..  See if that will kick UPnP into working again.  Otherwise yeah, wait for the moderators to confirm that it is still on your account.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey todd5,

It is possible that your secondary IP is not enabled. I will recommend touching base with our technical support members to ensure it is enabled so you can complete the IP passthrough.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help