Cancelling subscription due to leaving Canada

DietmarP
Grasshopper

I will leave Canada for good and return to Europe by end of 2021. I couldn't find any information on Shaw's web-page on how to cancel my contract/subscription. What do I have to do? Where could I find information?

Labels (1)
19 Replies

Information on cancelling your service can be found here...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos

-- how many months are left on your Shaw two-year Value P...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DietmarP -- how many months are left on your Shaw two-year Value Plan?

Can you find a friend who is on a month-to-month plan with Shaw (or Telus), and will take-over your plan. Maybe, pay a "bribe" to them to take your contract?

0 Kudos

Value plans are non-transferable.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Value plans are non-transferable.

0 Kudos

-- plans are non-transferable If one moves from one resid...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- plans are non-transferable

If one moves from one residence to another residence, that is a "transfer".

A change of billing-information also is a "transfer".

QED

0 Kudos

This is reference to your suggestion that they transfer t...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk This is reference to your suggestion that they transfer the plan to someone else.

https://www.shaw.ca/uploadedFiles/Terms_of_Use/SHW_2P_SERVICE_AGREEMENT_PREPAID_VISA_v1_0117.pdf

This agreement is non-transferable. All equipment provided by Shaw under this agreement shall remain the property of Shaw and must be returned to Shaw within 30 days of termination or early cancellation of this agreement.

QED.

0 Kudos

-- This agreement is non-transferable. Not always true. C...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- This agreement is non-transferable.

Not always true. Consider the case of court-issued restraining order, where one abusive spouse (legal or common-law) is ordered to vacate a shared residence. If the Shaw contract was signed by just one name, namely the one whose is ordered to vacate, then the account can be transferred to the remaining spouse, or can be transferred to the new location of the restrained spouse.

There is no way that a Shaw statement supersedes any court-order, and also the court-approved terms of the separation agreement, wherein both parties agree that the remaining spouse retains the Shaw services.

@rstra -- You never stated that you are a lawyer, who has been authorized by Shaw to speak on their behalf.

QED

0 Kudos

I guess if someone wanted to hire a lawyer and take Shaw...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk I guess if someone wanted to hire a lawyer and take Shaw to court to enforce a higher court ruling in order to transfer their account to another person, assuming that other person was willing to got to court as well, have at it.

I never claimed to be a lawyer, just pointing to Shaw policy, the rest is up to the OP.

Wow, it took you two days to come up with this.

QED.

0 Kudos

-- Wow, it took you two days to come up with this. Wow, y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- Wow, it took you two days to come up with this.

Wow, you are petty.

That is how unimportant your responses are to me.

Please comply with the Community House Rules

We are all responsible for cultivating a positive and respectful community by being courteous and friendly with one another.

QED

0 Kudos

Then why do you feel the need to always reply to me? You...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Then why do you feel the need to always reply to me?

You could learn from  the house rules. If it makes you feel better, just ignore my posts and move on, k.

QED

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help