Cannot connect to government of Canada VPN unless I reboot shaw modem/router.

umarchenko
Grasshopper

When trying to connect on my work laptop I can connect to wireless however when attempting to connect to VPN it doesn't even try to authenticate to the VPN tunnel using cisco anyconnect. If I power cycle my shaw modem/router it seems to resolve the issue for a day or two. I have replicated this issue on two different computers and on both hardline and wireless. I was told once when I called in to shaw support that this was a known issue for government employees. Just wondering if there is a more permanent fix?

4 Replies

Re: Cannot connect to government of Canada VPN unless I reboot shaw modem/router.

shaw-tony

Hey umarchenko,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any reports of a known issue for this and wasn't able to find any active problems for it. VPNs are outside of our scope of support. It may be an issue with your modem settings, I'd recommend a complete factory reset on your modem to see if that helps maintain your connection. Otherwise, your best bet is to check in with your VPN provider to see if they are able to assist you with a resolution if your Internet works as expected when the VPN is not enabled. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

Bump. I have the exact same issue. My work has told me it...

Acheng
Grasshopper

Bump. I have the exact same issue. My work has told me it was a shaw issue. 

0 Kudos

--  My work has told me it was a shaw issue.  So, is your...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Acheng --  My work has told me it was a shaw issue. 

So, is your work going to contact Shaw, to work with Shaw to resolve the issue, for all government employees, or did your work choose to be completely "lazy", and "sluff-off" that task to you?

What does your manager at work think about you spending your working-time trying to contact Shaw, instead of doing your assigned job?

If you inform your manager that you have this issue, can the manager "escalate" the issue to work's I.T. Department, to make it an "official" request for service?

Haha you've nailed it. They have told me that it was a Sh...

Acheng
Grasshopper

@mdk Haha you've nailed it. They have told me that it was a Shaw provider issue so I have found a temporary solution where I am power cycling my modem once every two days to reconnect to the VPN. I have tried telling the I.T guys that it might not be the provider but no hopes there. Do you have any temporary solutions to this besides me power cycling?  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help