Jump to solution

Carbon Copy of Webmail

Not applicable

I haven't seen anyone ask this or answered this question regarding Shaw Webmail.

At work, on Outlook, when I carbon copy myself an email, I receive the email in my Inbox.   It's one way to know that the email actually got sent out.

When I carbon copy myself or bcc a copy of an email to myself, I don't receive a copy of the email in my Inbox.

It's in the Sent folder but I don't want it there because I actually want it to be in my Inbox

Isn't there a way Shaw Webmail can have this preference set up?  I find it quite annoying personally

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Carbon Copy of Webmail

Not applicable

Hi

I just went through my preferences and removed a filter that looks like was causing the problem.

I've done a few tests and I now receive any cc or bcc emails that are sent via webmail.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey yaletownboy,

That is certainly odd that you are not receiving the email when you are CCing yourself. I gave it a test and it works as expected through my personal Shaw email address. Do you receive an email if you only email yourself? Also, are you using a 3rd party email client or is it through webmail on a web browser? Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Tony,

1.  If I send an email directly from my shaw webmail to myself, I do receive it in my inbox.

2.  If I send an email to myself and cc or bcc myself, I only receive the 1 email in my Inbox.

3. If I send an email to another person and I put my email in the TO: field after another person's email, I receive the email.

4.  If I send an email with just my email in the cc or bcc field, with no address in the to: field, I do not receive any email.

In all cases, an email shows up in the Sent folder

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey yaletownboy, just one more question regarding how you are sending the emails out. What happens when you send an email to another person in the "To" field, then add your email address in the CC or BBC fields do you receive an email at this point?

It may also be an email filter setting that is causing this, I'd recommend restoring defaults if possible. I have more information on email filters here. Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Hi

I just went through my preferences and removed a filter that looks like was causing the problem.

I've done a few tests and I now receive any cc or bcc emails that are sent via webmail.

Thanks!

Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

That's awesome! Thanks for the update  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help